• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What color barreled action for a GAP stock?

Re: What color barrel for a GAP stock?

Mil Spec OD and Matte black both look excellent with the GAP Camo finish of the A5.

Ive seen one desert tan, it was on a manners stock.
gap24.jpg
mg0596m.jpg

As my Team mate Kevin says, "Black is the new OD".
wink.gif
Black

can't go wrong with black, but i really like the one above with the desert tan. looks very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
2007063.jpg

Different rifle same thang... </div></div>
Nice rack

I would send it to birdsong for their tan finish. Black or green would be ok as well, but I like their tan.

DSC03845.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

My two GAP built GAP camo rifles. I think the Green is King. Tan would be my next choice. Everyone does black and I shot a Black rifle for Twenty years in the Army so the new is worn off that one.
Donald

In my experience, tan doesn't hold up as well as the black and OD finishes. Personally I like the mil spec OD with GAP camo, but black looks good too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As my Team mate Kevin says, "Black is the new OD".
wink.gif
Black</div></div>

And see, I thought it was "Tan is the new Target-Indicator Black"
laugh.gif

This is mine, BTW. For the record, it's FDE GunKote.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: M40A3peacemaker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ive seen one desert tan, it was on a manners stock.
mg0596m.jpg
</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Don in SC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
DSC03845.jpg

DSC00281.jpg

My two GAP built GAP camo rifles. I think the Green is King. Tan would be my next choice. Everyone does black and I shot a Black rifle for Twenty years in the Army so the new is worn off that one.
Donald</div></div>

I recognize that scope dope !