• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What company is the TBAC of pistol suppressors?

surgeon260

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2014
Colorado
Is there a universally accepted leader in the pistol can department? I am thinking about a 9mm can but know very little about them. Things that matter to me are manufacturing quality, customer service, reliability, lack of BS, and noise suppression performance. I know it is rare to find a company that leads in pretty much all areas (like TBAC does with precision rifle cans). I am just curious if such a company exists in the pistol world. Thanks.

I own 4 Liberty cans (in addition to SiCo) and feel that their performance exceeds SiCo and their EDM wire machining is top notch. Their build techniques not only offer high suppression but have a tone which sounds quieter. They are a little pricier since they are not a large manufacturer but the Mystic X is the way to go for a 9mm can. I have an older, all Titanium Infiniti which I bought in 2013 and its the quietest centerfire pistol can I own and weighs very little.

Thanks for the responses.

So, three responses and three different companies mentioned (Dead Air, Si Co, Liberty). I guess the answer to my question is a solid no.

I've got the SiCo Omega 9K and have the Deadair Odessa 9 in "jail" right now. The FFL let me shoot the Odessa 9 to compare it to the 9k and the consensus was the Odessa 9 was quieter to our ears with all of the baffles in place. We didn't have instruments to measure, just our ears. I like the fact that the Odessa 9 is configurable and smaller in diameter too. No need for the high sights. Nice thing too about the Odessa is I'll probably shoot it on .22's too, because you can take it apart easily and clean it.

Is there a universally accepted leader in the pistol can department? I am thinking about a 9mm can but know very little about them. Things that matter to me are manufacturing quality, customer service, reliability, lack of BS, and noise suppression performance. I know it is rare to find a company that leads in pretty much all areas (like TBAC does with precision rifle cans). I am just curious if such a company exists in the pistol world. Thanks.

I got a Surefire Ryder 9 Ti. Nice can so far. Also a Liberty Regulator (.22). But liking the quality of their product so far too. Haven't had need yet to take either apart for cleaning nor speak to their customer service so can't speak on that yet. But bought both because what I saw/read on serviceability and quality.

used to be SilencerCo... I think things have changed and it's dead air now (IMHO)

I like the Omega 9K, also have a Mystic X. It's nice but I like shorter pistol cans, not much use for them really. The Liberty Regulator is about the best .22 can there is. It's better than their Essence and it's simpler. Liberty does monocores, that's their niche and with .22's it seems to be the right combination. Their Pinnacle 2 integral 10/22 is stupid quiet and accurate.

Elite Iron does pistol cans too I think. Don't know much about 'em, I use their big bore stuff. They're kinda like the "TBAC of SS" if you like. They're the ones that make the OEM shit for McMillan and DTA.

As when looking at any can company you need to look at the mounting options. I have a Liberty that is my only class 3 buyer's remorse. That is because their "universal" can has way too many limitations with caliber and mounting options. I have a cosmic which is the same as the mystic bored out to .45. With the adapter for rifles the damn thing is about 10 inches or more. This is with their blast shield for rifles or the booster for pistols. I have a griffin that I really like (resistance 9) and a friend of mine has a sico hybrid that i also really like.

Love my Rugged Obsidian 45. I run a 9mm endcap o my sbr AR9 and pistols. Stupid quite, long and short configuration in 1. Couldnt be happier

Reactions: fanninland
My tirant is still the quietest pistol can I’ve shot, including all the above mentioned. Sounds like q has some good stuff to come.

Reactions: Dan M
I'd a agree that for just pistols the TiRant is one of the best out there. But if your looking at pistols and rifle use the Obsidian is better because of the mounting options. I have had to deal with AAC a few times. Not fun.

Love my Rugged Obsidian 45. I run a 9mm endcap o my sbr AR9 and pistols. Stupid quite, long and short configuration in 1. Couldnt be happier

Same here - run my Obsidian 45 in long config on a G20 when hog hunting or short config on a G21, or change the piston and endcap for use in short config on a G19. Quiet, flexible and comes apart for cleaning.