• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What concentricity gauge are you using?

HoustonB77

Online Training Member
Minuteman
Jan 28, 2014
Nixon TX
I think it's time I night the bullet and pick up a concentricity gauge. I've been looking around and can't decide witch one to go with. I would love to have the 21st century but the $250 price tag is a little hard to swallow. What do you suggest?

The Hornady and Sinclair setups are around $100 or so and are fairly accurate. Of the two I prefer the Sinclair design a bit more I think. But the first thing that should go straight in the trash is the indicator that comes with them, step up to at least a Fowler or SPI or if you can swing it or find one used a Mitutoyo, B&S or Starrett. Personally I just use a V-block and a test indicator these days.

I’m using the Sinclair and have no issues with it. I use lots of runout gauges at work and I can’t see any need to have anything better.

Reactions: doc88
Get one with a wheel, makes it easier. I can tell you that you will use it 5 times and it will collect dust.