• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What contour barrel on 18 in shorty

Best contour for 18in

• Medium Palma

Votes: 12 42.9%
  • Heavy palma

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • M24

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • B3

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • Carbon 6 carbon barrel

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

K80/6.5

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2019
Kirkwood, Missouri
My plan is to replace my tikka barrel with a 18in barrel in 6.5cm. This will mostly be my sit in tree stand/ blind hunting rifle. What is the best contour to go with. I will use it at the range but will not be my primary range rifle. This rifle will be in krg bravo chassis, suppressor nomad ti and most likely have a Gen 2 razor on it maybe xtr pro. Would like to keep the weight responsible under 14lbs if possible.

Last edited:
"Best" is subjective.

I recently got an 18" 3B contoured barrel for hunting. Mausingfield action, KRG Bravo, Khales K624 and SiCo Omega weighs 12.2 lbs with an empty mag inserted.

A medium Palma would probably be another decent choice. Heavy Palma and M24 may put you over your weight limit. My wife's rifle with a 24" heavy Palma in a KRG Bravo is 15.6 lbs, and that's before a suppressor is added.

Reactions: K80/6.5
You're going to gain relative rigidity already due to the short barrel.

Remember the rule:

"Short and thick does the trick."

I have a 223 Tikka CTR in a KRG Bravo. I think the barrel contour is around light Palma on the CTR. The 20 inch barrel balances nicely. I think an 18 inch light Palma would be nice.

If you're trying to keep weight down, I'd do medium palma. In fact I'm planning on doing an 18" med palma 6.5 creed on one of my rifles, haha.