• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What custom actions drop into a KMW sentinel

swampbuck

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
May 11, 2012
Mississippi
I have an older sentinel with the IMB and was wondering what custom actions drop in without modifications. I know it is a Remington 700 footprint but many 700 footprint actions have different bolt angels and require slight inletting. What drops in the easiest?

I've had a Surgeon, Impact and all of the ARC actions except the CDG in my Sentinel with IMB. I can't remember about the lines on the side and all that fancy stuff, but they all functioned fine.

Reactions: lash
I think that you’re good with any, but the word can be attained from @Terry Cross himself. Email him and ask if you really need to know.

I have ran a Rem 700, old Rebel, and an Origin in mine.

No issues.

I still cant shoot, but have the best lookin thumbhole stock known to man.

Now to mount a mini arca just in front of the magwell….. 😎

I have an older sentinel with the IMB and was wondering what custom actions drop in without modifications. I know it is a Remington 700 footprint but many 700 footprint actions have different bolt angels and require slight inletting. What drops in the easiest?
Morning.
The Gen I IMB will not accommodate any receiver that uses a trigger hangar but a small relief cut at the rear tang contact point can be done if needed.

The Gen I IMB also has an ejection port cut that is slightly less long and is tailored for Rem700, Impact and Surgeon length ports. Defiance and a few others with longer ports will still work but will not have perfect cosmetics.

All actions with straight 90 degree bolt handles (Tenacity, Impact, Surgeon) will clear the bolt handle cut w/o mods. Some swept handles like some Rem700 and older Defiance Deviant/Rebel may have to have the gel-coat/glass stock material chamfered at the rear edge of the bolt handle cut.

Everything else should be GtG.

Best,
T