• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What data is everyone using in their kestrel 5700 for the 130gr PRIME 6.5cm

sheepdog697

RegionRat
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 26, 2017
    Cedar Lake, IN
    www.ibew.com
    Just ordered a case of 130 gr PRIME 6.5cm. Not sure what bullet they are using. Is it in the library? If not can someone list the input data?

Thanks in advance.

I have the 5700 Elite w/Link btw.

Also what is the average FPS and SD everyone is seeing? Ive got a 24" tikka, and i have a chrono. Just curious what numbers everyone else is seeing.

I am using Norma Diamond which is listed in the library for Kestrel 5700 Elite. Forgot where I got that from (either from this forum or I think when I called Prime directly). Anyways, seems to be working ok.
    When I had it chronographed at a rifle course, it was averaging 2802 FPS (on my RPR 24”). However, after using it out to 1000yds, with my Kestrel, I got an MV of 2729 when truing with CalMV.

Sorry forgot the SD was single digits, but I was only able to test a 5 shot string. Given how good the SD was, I am thinking it may have been too good to believe.

Normal Diamond is what I'm using also. I've shot a couple cases through a 26" Broughton. I use 2925 fps average for most matches but it has been as high as 2940 (average) in different environments. SD has been around 10 plus or minus and ES low 20s plus or minus.

I shoot Prime 130 6.5 and am considering getting a Kestrel 5700, so this is helpful info. With a MagnetoSpeed I am averaging 2852 out of a 23” Brux barrel using a SiCo Specwar can.
    Is the Kestrel worth the price? How do you like it?

I shoot Prime 130 6.5 and am considering getting a Kestrel 5700, so this is helpful info. With a MagnetoSpeed I am averaging 2852 out of a 23” Brux barrel using a SiCo Specwar can.
    Is the Kestrel worth the price? How do you like it?

I've only had the Kestrel for a few months. Previously I used the AB app on my phone which worked fine when I was near the weather stations and had good cell signal. A couple matches I go to have limited cell coverage so the Kestrel fills that void for me.

Hmm I'm getting 2930 out of my 24" Krieger. But I haven't bought a case in a year or so. Wonder if they reduced the load like Hornady seemed to do.

My 24" CTR is 2775. 400 rds into the barrel I was getting 2825, then 400 later I was seeing 2805. Last weekend it's down to 2775 with only 900+ down the barrel.

This was yesterday. 3" @ 600yds

Screenshot_2018-04-05-12-58-55-2.png

Reactions: jeffmedlin and Jmo
    By the way, that was with my old velocity of 2805. The new velocity woukd have added 0.1 mil to it.

It's a target system someone has at a local club over here they use at the 600 yard line to verify dope and velocity. Apparently there was a 5mph wind.

Just curious, are you quoting muzzle velocities off a chronograph? I am using 2729 FPS but that is based off of CalMV on the Kestrel 5700 with AB (ie. based off of actual drop at target, albeit it is only 600yds).

Ya there's a chrono at 600 as part of the target system. Those are the velocity's for each round.

Reactions: jeffmedlin