• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos What did you lie to your wife about buying today⁉️

D̷e̷v̷i̷l̷D̷o̷c̷A̷Z̷

Banned x2 🤪
Minuteman
Sep 11, 2014
Yuma, AZ
Probably going to be the most popular thread in the pit.

I’ll go first. Made a deal on 500 pieces of new Alpha brass, I didn’t even bother txting my ex……I wonder if one of you poor bastards married her. Lol.

Seems every time I’m online there’s a poor spending his last line of credit to buy something and it’s always the same “mUh WiFe fINnA kIlL mE wHeN sHe ChEcKs Da AcCoUnT”

So it got me wondering…..Da Phuck you buy today and lie about?

Pics or you are lying to her and us, and idk why you would lie to us?

38A17FB6-87B4-4557-BC31-D0EF30D0C58D.jpeg

you said yet twice @notacos4u , you're screwed

When the white or brown truck shows up, my wife just asks in a sullen tone (if she hasn't seen the charges on the CC)

WHAT did you buy NOWwwwww?
I’ve got a pretty amazing wife when it comes to my hobbies, whenever she doesn’t want to know the price, I just tell her it cost $3 and she goes out and gets her nails or hair done and we’re good…. I was heavy into competition bbq for a while and that was an expensive hobby as well, just as long as our bills are paid, she doesn’t blink

She doesn't ask. Because I'm an adult and I spend well within my limits. If I want a new toy I'll buy it then work some OT to pay it off.....

Y'all must be pussy whipped if you have to ask or tell your SO what you buy.

She buys her stuff and I buy mine......it's that simple.

I have zero CC debt and have a good amount in savings.

Doc

She doesn't ask. Because I'm an adult and I spend well within my limits. If I want a new toy I'll buy it then work some OT to pay it off.....

Y'all must be pussy whipped if you have to ask or tell your SO what you buy.

She buys her stuff and I buy mine......it's that simple.

I have zero CC debt and have a good amount in savings.

Doc
Bingo!

Been putting this together over the last couple weeks, was a big 10 birthday gift from the wife. She didn't pick all of it out but knew enough of what I wanted to say get the best rifle and best scope -- the thing I'd never buy myself.

Over $10k later, I have it, lol. Scope, mount, and bi-pod are from the PX here. Even with a no-limit license I still struggle with the cost of all this shit.

Haven't shot it yet, or really set it up beyond for the purposes of taking a picture, so lots left to do.

IMG_3075.jpg

Been putting this together over the last couple weeks, was a big 10 birthday gift from the wife. She didn't pick all of it out but knew enough of what I wanted to say get the best rifle and best scope -- the thing I'd never buy myself.

Over $10k later, I have it, lol. Scope, mount, and bi-pod are from the PX here. Even with a no-limit license I still struggle with the cost of all this shit.

Haven't shot it yet, or really set it up beyond for the purposes of taking a picture, so lots left to do.

View attachment 8070471

Nice table and chairs!

The wife makes sure I always have what I want.

No need to lie.

I’m the one who holds back.

Reactions: DetroitRearView
I just checked my spreadsheet.without touching our 6 month emergency fund we spent $17,652 in guns, ammo, glass and 2 more rangefinders in the last 6 weeks
Well...fuck me, I'm a peasant. I've had several years of doing a little more than that in 12 months, but not six weeks.

Reactions: sgtsmmiii
My ex wife was sooooo bad with money. It was always some bs thing costing me $2500 here or $5,000 there. Now all I do is save. I struggle really bad with spending over $250 on anything. i have no kids, so I guess my niece and nephew will be set when I die. Zero debt. Not sure how to break this cycle.....always saving. It sucks!

Reactions: Lug Nut
I've read horror stories of the guy dying and the wife selling his shit for cheap because he lied to her. No need to lie.

I dont tell her..I usually just show up with a purchase and put it in the safe... I mentioned to her I was buying the the 3 new actions today.. She doesnt care.. I dont ask what she spends or buys and she doesnt bother me on my purchases... One of my rules is that I better have the money to go on a last minute trip and I better not be broke.. She does pretty good all things considered.

I dont have to worry about permission's ... but its fair and equal on both ends.

My wife is fine with whatever I buy, I never complain about new shoes or clothes either. We manage to budget just fine and since we are forever shorthanded at work I can work overtime until its paid for anyway.

That being said, I'm sick of ot so I'm minding the budget these days.

Funny, I didn’t see you on the TacOps Collab. list…. ;-)

Sirhr
Good one, nice rifles. Should adjust above…just spent another $1190+ on more ammo 5 min ago. I Do like my Blaser rifles however and your positive posts on the MRAD was part of my spending - new FDE in 300n/338n/6.5cm - so you are indeed a good influence!

you said yet twice @notacos4u , you're screwed

When the white or brown truck shows up, my wife just asks in a sullen tone (if she hasn't seen the charges on the CC)

WHAT did you buy NOWwwwww?

Yeah , I try to grab them without anyone seeing.... my kid always rats me out though. "Dad got another package"....

Just got a zco 840 from a gentleman on here, not even here yet. I haven't told her yet but when I do it will be " I traded scopes " and then I will go into incredible detail on the specs of the scope and how that differes from the previous zco 527.... her eyes will glaze over and my story will quickly wrap up. I didn't actually buy a new one since I am selling my 527 so it's really more of an upgrade so to speak, but it's not really an "upgrade" since they are both zco, so.... a swap is really the more correct statement.....

In truth, my wife knows a good bit about how much rifle crap I buy since she works for me and does my books so she sees everything accept venmo and she really doesn't ever even say anything about it unless I'm complaining about the cost of some crap she wants for the kids...

Last edited:
After 30+ years of marriage, neither of us feel the need to hide stuff. The couple bills we have get paid on time or early, money to savings, family and charity…She also views it as a good reason for her to go out and buy something she wants. Coincidentally for the same amount I spent or slightly more.

WTF? Lie to your spouse? You are nothing more than a POS.
The person you married, supposedly in “it” for life with?
Fuck you, you piece of lying fucking shit.
Truly. How can you be trusted with anything?
I mean, I’m not even fucking you but you’d lie to her? How could you even think I’d trust you?
You are a lying, motherfucking, untrustworthy piece of SHIT.
Ignore list you go.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bender
I bought a generator on a whim. One of those super quiet suitcase size with inverter and everything. It was on a steal of a deal. But she saw instantly when I bought it. She asked why we needed it? I said we don’t need it. I just wanted it.

This thread reminds me of when I bought my Mosin. I bought it and didn’t tell the wife about it. It only cost $100 or so. I’m getting it out of the safe one day, getting ready to go shoot it, and she asks, “when did you get that Gun?” I said, “This? This is an old gun.” She was satisfied with the answer, and I didn’t lie to her. The gun was over 70 years old. 😄

Reactions: mi223
I mean, I’m not even fucking you but you’d lie to her? How could you even think I’d trust you?
Ignore list you go.
Lovers quarrel?

I look at guns in the shops and when I start to walk away, she says stuff like "Hmm, I figured you were going to buy that one." but she also buys me stuff like my microtech for Christmas and then the 9K inverter generator cause the snow and ice may come soon.

Heh, I would never have stayed married a woman who would scoff at my purchases. She has once or twice in the past, but when I made money on them or we had a ton of fun with the money spent, she learned quickly.

She has been the one who makes bad decisions, long time ago, but learned from her mistakes, I made her pay for.her mistakes with her own money. It's the dudes that constantly bail their so all the time, the so never learns the lesson and dude has to keep bailing them out. I've seen it happen to a lot of people.

Reactions: KYAggie
Ignore list you go.
There might have been some fun and sarcasm hidden somewhere in the OP.

Remember fun…?

I don’t ask her about why she spends so much at Nordstrom and she doesn’t ask me why I spend what I do on gun stuff. Works out as long as there’s money in the account. She also doesn’t really know or care to know as I do the finances. I still spend a fraction of what she does on things that are really not “essential” and I can prove it.