• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What die set to buy from Cabela's for 6.5cm?

ironsight1000yard

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2017
Have some gift card to use there but their website is not the best designed site in the world...

can someone recommend some die set there for new reloader? Will be using my once fired Hornady brass. I am not shooting match etc but will go to classes and practice matches up to 1000 yard in local club.

If they have the Hornady Match Grade dies, go ahead and get those. Started there and was fine out to 1200 or so, bought the .288 Redding Bushing because the Hornady ones are made of unicorn dust, and later added the micrometer seating stem, but i've run a few thousand rounds over the last 2 years and haven't had a real issue with those dies.

Thanks they do have Hornady Match.
I forgot to mention my press is Lee Challenger kit. Would it still work? They all compatible?

If they have the Hornady Match Grade dies, go ahead and get those. Started there and was fine out to 1200 or so, bought the .288 Redding Bushing because the Hornady ones are made of unicorn dust, and later added the micrometer seating stem, but i've run a few thousand rounds over the last 2 years and haven't had a real issue with those dies.

Their website doesn't show the 6.5 as available in the hornady match series but they do in the custom series. I was going to sugggest the rcbs at first but then I thought about the lee 4 piece set with the collet die that I know I have seen there in person but the website doesn't show those either. Really anything you can get there would be pretty equivalent.

In some quick searching it appears that you would want to get a breech lock lock ring eliminator bushing for each die. That would allow you to set your die, lock it down and thus retain your settings for the next session without having to redial the die in again when you screw it in. You could get a normal bushing too but they would have the potential to shift on you with the o ring spacer. You might be able to get away with just a normal lock ring and leave one bushing in place, I'm not familiar with how those bushings actually work with the press though.

You'll also want a shell holder that mounts to the ram and will hold your case.

Last edited:
Thanks folks. I added lock ring and holder to my list. Just waiting to buy together.
They only have RCBS set for 69 and Hornady custom grade for $35.
Guess I should go with RCBS?