• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision What do we think of the Halo LR?

mkollman74

Quo Vadis?
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 5, 2009
    WA, USA
    So, I’m looking for a thermal scope for predator hunting. I’m a complete novice when it comes to thermal. The search function mainly lists units for sale. Anyone with experience have an opinion on this thermal scope?

Great picture and I love the controls compared to others I have used. All of the controls I use most at 2:00am are just one button to push. I do not have to go into a menu to select the most important functions I use most.

Reactions: mkollman74
    I have an Nvision Halo -XRF, and a Steiner S35 and H35. Steiners operate at 50hz, the HALO is 60hz. The HALO has been exceptional and I like that they use BAE cores and they're a US company.

nvision is where its at if you want modern features in a US made thermal. if you want chinese or euro stuff there are plenty of those being pedaled around

need to figure out your application, shooting distance, and needed/wanted features. Base magnification is the most important spec when choosing a thermal. Lots of great options out there, with nvision products being one of them