• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you carry/protect your spotting scope with

TW159

Private
Minuteman
Feb 2, 2008
Aumsville, Or
I'm just getting serious about long range shooting and just bought a kowa 601, my first good spotter(thank you Scott). What do you guys carry and protect your spotting scope and tripod with when your in the field? Do you use a pack or a pouch? Do you keep the eyepiece attached if you use one?

I eventually want to get a pack to carry all my gear like an eberlestock. Which i haven't done too much research into yet, since the scope took my extra cash. So forgive my ignorance on them.Do they're packs have a compartment for spotters?

Sorry if this is confusing, but basically I need a way to carry my scope to and in the field.

Thanks for your help and advise
TW

Re: What do you carry/protect your spotting scope with

I was thinking of getting a large pistol case and cutting the foam to fit for trips to the range and for storage. But that would be awkward to pack out hunting and practicing in the field.

TW

Walmart has some generic extra large plastic& foam pistol cases for about $10 that may work.

They also fit perfectly in this drag bag top front pocket. You can store your rifles, spotting scope, bipod ammo etc and it also has backpack straps. I have one and really like it. I can fit (2) sps-v 26" scoped rifles in it.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=939171584

They also can be found as Voodoo Tactical drag bag, but the Midway one is only $69

For a Kowa I would recomend you look up Creedmore Sports. They have a line of stuff for them.

I use a Creedmoor Sports cover for my Kowa. They have Digital Camo colors available.
And a Ray-Vin Tactical Scope Stand

They also sell nice digital camo shooting mats for range use.

I don't do anything special. It has a few scuffs on the body: no biggie. A cover is fine for range use, but it's just more crap to carry if you are hunting. Besides a pack has plenty of clothing and soft stuff to protect the scope with. My swarovski is a little bigger and I do remove the eyepiece when putting it in the pack.