• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What do you guys think of my colt?

ICANHITHIMMAN

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2008
great lakes
Colt 1991 few mods little machine work just looking for what guys think of it.
rifledadcooper096.jpg

Re: What do you guys think of my colt?

I demand you send it to me for further inspection! I like it!

It's nice.Simple design.I love it.K.I.S.S. I would use it for everything(If I could afford the ammo now),SD,plinking and ccw.

Why did you cut front serrations into the gun?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you cut front serrations into the gun? </div></div>
'n the back ones are not "right"

add: if it shoots, it shoots. They all look good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why did you cut front serrations into the gun? </div></div>

The better question would be why do they not match the back serrations?

Checker the front strap or at least apply some deck tape

Match the serrations to the front the best you can. Loose the fugly grips and get some pachmyer wrap around ones, not the ones with the finger groves but the other. Cary it and shoot the hell out of it, its a usable gun now.

Asking what 1911 shooters think of your 1911 is asking for 1000 different opinions that are all better than your own.

I'd rather ask Sniper's Hide members what they think of Leupold than publicly ask 1911 shooters what they think of my 1911.

That said, and since you asked, I don't like front serrations, drop in beaver tail grip safeties, or goofy drop in sights.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 858</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> since you asked, I don't like front serrations</div></div>

...and there you have it.

+1 front serrations look wrong. The tan grips look fine but I prefer the feel and function of rubber Hogue grips.

Dump the sights for some slick Novacs and it'll look a little better. WHile you're at it, get rid of the slide and do it right so the front matches the rear serrations, round the bottom of the ass end a little more and put some black grips on it.
I'm sure it'll shoot just fine, but it ain't no BBQ Gun
wink.gif

Great just what I was looking for thank you all.

The slide serations where a mistake I cant take back and I like the sights yellow rear green front.

I have a new slide on order from Caspian

+1 for really tearing up the slide on a perfectly good 1911 also +1 for sharing your mistakes. It takes a big man to do that. I try hard to hide most of mine.

The slide is salvagable. Blow the front serations off completely and go for the Hi Power look. Pic commandeered/linked from another board so you can see what I mean.

12489642561.jpg

What kind of grips are those they look sticky?
I like them btw. If you want to get rid of them I will take them.

Do the high power look man, dont trash the slide. I agree with Shane45. My Colt XSE came with front cocking serrations. I thought I would like them but I dont. If I end up sending it off for anything else, it will be to carry melt the corners, stipple the front strap (although the skateboard tape does fine), and take the front serrations off with the high power look.
just my .02