• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you guys think of this?

Re: What do you guys think of this?

I think I would pass and just buy extra ammo with the diff in $.

It cracks me up that they always use white people as the bad guys. Dont want to offend anyone. LOL.

I agree. Print your own targets.

You could take some pics to Kinkos and have them printed out for a hell of a lot cheaper than that FULL size. But do You really need anything bigger than 8x11.5?

The real asset to these is the pairing of hostile/friendly versions for LE shoot/no-shoot judgement training.
If you're just shooting, there are much cheaper alternatives.

Human silouette targets were brought about by the military to curb the hesitation recruits were having first kill in the field.

They are designed to desensitize the mind's natural moral ground to shooting at other people. The moral shock was delayed until post-shot and now with the training post-tour..Thus creating Post-trumatic-stress-disorder.

My occupation does not require me to shoot at people and in Canada I will never use a firearm to remove myself from danger.
(illegal to carry a firearm, unless your enforcement or security)

I will not shoot at silouettes unless I didn't bring my own targets.

Human photos and these 3d targets are even moreso designed to remove the conscience of the shooter from the shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...in Canada I will never use a firearm to remove myself from danger.</div></div>

I hope you never need to, but, because of your decision, cannot.

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -- Col. Jeff Cooper

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBLongRanger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Human silouette targets were brought about by the military to curb the hesitation recruits were having first kill in the field.

They are designed to desensitize the mind's natural moral ground to shooting at other people. The moral shock was delayed until post-shot and now with the training post-tour..Thus creating Post-trumatic-stress-disorder.

My occupation does not require me to shoot at people and in Canada I will never use a firearm to remove myself from danger.

Human photos and these 3d targets are even moreso designed to remove the conscience of the shooter from the shot. </div></div>

So the "less than 1000yds from you" in your profile is just to sound like a cool threatening sniper even though you are morally against it eh?
May want to fill out your profile with more reality and less bullshit.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBLongRanger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Human silouette targets were brought about by the military to curb the hesitation recruits were having first kill in the field.

Human photos and these 3d targets are even moreso designed to remove the conscience of the shooter from the shot. </div></div>

So the "less than 1000yds from you" in your profile is just to sound like a cool threatening sniper even though you are morally against it eh?
May want to fill out your profile with more reality and less bullshit. </div></div>

sobrbiker883:Thats fucking PRICELESS. Maybe I'm just tired by that was funny.

NBLongRanger:The Military didn't do that to desensitize the soldiers. They use the silouette's because they are more relative in size to an enemy soldier, yes they are smaller, and most basic trainees shoot like shit. One more thing Don't talk about fucking PTSD unless you claim to have it. Of course you might after I used the F bomb on you. "Hard Training result's in a prepared mind, a prepared mind gives a Ranger the ability to do his job and not suffer from PTSD so don't Fucking worry about it." It's been along time but that was SSG Nash's response to some pussy at RIP when he asked about PTSD. If you want to know a little about SSG Nash look at the Competitors of the Ranger Challenge over the last few years. Fucking Pussy's make me sick at my stomach, and the world seems to be filling up with them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBLongRanger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Human silouette targets were brought about by the military to curb the hesitation recruits were having first kill in the field.

Human photos and these 3d targets are even moreso designed to remove the conscience of the shooter from the shot.</div></div>

Some people would rather be a victim. On a seperate note. I work with a guy big into martial arts. He refuses to carry a gun. Now in our line of work a backgroung of fighting skills is very good to have, but off duty I firmly believe you cant kung-fu a bullet.

I'm not going to get into why, but jist of it is I'm not joining the army..Therefore do not have to shoot at people. Doesn't mean I wouldn't in an apocalyptic scenario..
wink.gif

sobrbiker883: Awesome, loved it.. And yeh it is suppose to be some kind of cool bullshit...So what..I thought it was funny when I typed it..Still do
smile.gif

HillBilly: Yes they did..After WWI, Psychologists noticed a large number of cases of "Shell-Shock"..The military also realized how useless 15 year old's were in the field..curled up crying for mommy. They needed training methods that would harden a soldier...""Short-version""

and...

I'm 6-2, 240lbs and lean. I can beat in some faces fighting drunk when required(and 99% chance the other guy isn't going to have a pistol in the .1% of the time I get in a fight.)
More likely to see a knife, which I do carry.

Oh yeh..
<span style="font-weight: bold"><------ HUGE VAG RIGHT HERE!</span> GO CANADA

Suggestion to admin, delete last bunch of posts including mine as they are clearly not on topic..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR338nut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3D Paper targets.
http://speedwelltargets.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=88

I found these but have my doubts, seems like a cool idea if they work. Im thinking of using them for pistol/carbine practice. Anyone seen such a thing before? </div></div>

Whatever extra reality you may gain from the "3d" effect seems IMHO to be negated by the fact that you have to wear those blue and red glasses to get such effect. I think once the wiz-bang factor wears off, they would just be another regrettable purchase (I've had way too many of those).

NBLONGRANGER Your a fucktard. Why don't you do us all a favor and go play on an I want to be a rape victim.com If your 6'2 240lbs and a lean mean fighting machine, then I'm your fairy fucking godmother. I'll bet your some dumbass teenager who's 240lbs and hasn't even had a piece of ass yet. Maybe you can tell us how you stopped some bullets with your swiss army knife that you picked up at your neighbors garage sale. I've served with some Canadians, a pussy as big as you is probably a rare comodity even where you are. Go fuck yourself in the face, and have a nice day.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBLongRanger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm not going to get into why, but jist of it is I'm not joining the army..Therefore do not have to shoot at people. Doesn't mean I wouldn't in an apocalyptic scenario..
wink.gif

sobrbiker883: Awesome, loved it.. And yeh it is suppose to be some kind of cool bullshit...So what..I thought it was funny when I typed it..Still do
smile.gif

HillBilly: Yes they did..After WWI, Psychologists noticed a large number of cases of "Shell-Shock"..The military also realized how useless 15 year old's were in the field..curled up crying for mommy. They needed training methods that would harden a soldier...""Short-version""

and...

I'm 6-2, 240lbs and lean. I can beat in some faces fighting drunk when required(and 99% chance the other guy isn't going to have a pistol in the .1% of the time I get in a fight.)
More likely to see a knife, which I do carry.

Oh yeh..
<span style="font-weight: bold"><------ HUGE VAG RIGHT HERE!</span> GO CANADA

Suggestion to admin, delete last bunch of posts including mine as they are clearly not on topic..</div></div>
Ok, this post kind of spiraled here, the targets you put up...cool? yeah. Relevant to sniping, sure. They have a purpose. As for your comments regarding you self defense....If that is your choice then so be it. I work with a lot of officers that choose not to cary either. If those are the odds you want to play, then go for it. A good friend of mine got into a fight at a bar. He was shot and killed when he left.
And as far as your being 6'1" and 240, most of the inmates I deal with are as well. It hasnt done them no good yet and I am 5'11" 195. My point is, I will not be a victim. If I have to punch, twist, bend, brake, stab, or shoot someone to defend myself, then the sky is the limit on what I will do to accomplish the task.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: desertrat1979</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBLongRanger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Human silouette targets were brought about by the military to curb the hesitation recruits were having first kill in the field.

Human photos and these 3d targets are even moreso designed to remove the conscience of the shooter from the shot.</div></div>

Some people would rather be a victim. On a seperate note. I work with a guy big into martial arts. He refuses to carry a gun. Now in our line of work a backgroung of fighting skills is very good to have, but off duty I firmly believe you cant kung-fu a bullet.</div></div>

i knew a guy that was something along the lines of 5th degree black blet, and had more martial arts training than just karate. he always carried. when asked about it he would say that no amount of karate skills could compare to a 16yr old with a gun.

now for the on topic part, those targets are prety dang expensive. you can get a manequin in ebay for that much.

Targets are targets, aim small, miss small. I print my own, so I can afford to shoot more of them.

Second the PTSD issue. If you ain't been there, you ain't got a clue. I am there.

As for the rest of it, my BS flag is down on the ground. 'Tard? Maybe. Troll? Probably. Worth any more time and effort? You bet..., not!

Greg

i have to agree with everyone else on here. id save the money and put it towards ammo. i have seen some self sealing polymer targets that are pretty cheap. Im not saying i wouldnt shoot these targets once or twice if someone already had them, i think it would be cool to try it... but it wouldnt be on my dime.

Read through this thread and some of you guys have to realize the laws we have in Canada. I wish I could carry and alot of Canadians wish they could too. Even off duty LEO's cannot carry(how fucked up is that). We dont have the option to do so. Even to shoot someone that breaks into my house I have to have all my ducks in a row so I dont end up in jail. Our laws are fucked when it comes to gun control and it seems like the criminals have more rights then the victims.

Anyways, I wouldnt mind trying the targets but I think they would be a novelty that would die quickly.

I wasn't refering to the represive laws in Canada. I know ya'll got it backwards up there. This guy just pissed me off with his supposed knowledge and the remark about PTSD. I know a couple of people who no bull have problems with it, and I don't think that it's something that should be taken lightly or refered to by people who don't have a clue. This kid didn't have a clue.

<span style="font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'">Greg God Bless You Brother. </span>

Not to start an argument, but the military did indeed move to silhouettes to desensitize soldiers. Studies from WWII showed that only a small percentage of soldiers directly and intentionally aimed at the enemy, most sprayed and prayed. By vietnam with the introduction of silhouette targets and more modern training that firing rate was raised dramatically. In fact if you look at the green ivans from the cold war era the targets even have rifles in an attempt to make soldiers identify a weapon before firing. This is the theory behind photo realistic targets, by shooting at very realistic targets both with and with out guns you train soldiers and cops to have better target discrimination. The history of this training evolution and the theory behind it is discussed in great detail in "On Combat" by LTC Dave Grossman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NBLongRanger</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
The military also realized how useless 15 year old's were in the field..curled up crying for mommy. </div></div>

I've known guys that were all that until the first round went past their head, then they turned into jelly.
Then there were those that were the biggest pussys you have ever seen, until the first round,...Age an size have nothing to do with it at all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Studies from WWII showed that only a small percentage of soldiers directly and intentionally aimed at the enemy, most sprayed and prayed.</div></div>

Not to continue the argument, since I really don't care why the military went to silhouettes, but some of those studies by S.L.A. Marshall from WWII have been thoroughly discredited. He basically made up his data - as well as much else.

S.L.A. Marshall's Ratio of Fire

The Marshall Problem

I dont disagree with that, he wasnt exactly the most scientific historian. However there are a lot of stories (mostly PD experiences) that show that the use of silhouettes and shoot/no shoot targets do indeed help.

I've seen some studies that show that the shoot/no shoot ratio is more improved if the target has a defined face and the shooter can see the eyes during the training. I have to agree that until that first rd cracks by your head you don't know what you'll do. Then once your adreniline kicks in it's either all fight or all flight. The saddest thing to see is your Squad Leader hiding in a stairwell while your entire Squad is on the roof taking fire. Ask me how I know. As for the targets, the only time we used any like these was when I was in 5th RTB, and we were training on hostage rescue. Hit the hostage your a no go.

By the way what would you atcually be shooting these with?

It looks like you have to wear 3D glasses for the targets to work as designed. I personally wouldn't want to be doing firearms training with 3D glasses on.

if you were looking at these targets through a rifle scope, It's not going to be 3D is it...