• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you have your trigger weight set to?

XxMerlinxX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 3, 2007
Columbia, S.C.
Just wondering what most people have their trigger weights set at on their rifles? Post up whether it's a bench or field gun and what brand of trigger you have installed in it.

Re: What do you have your trigger weight set to?

I realized after I voted that trigger weight was in oz. Mine is set at 1.5lbs. Safety engagement is priority and its my tactical/hunting rig.

Good luck,
Merritt

Yeah...Just barely realized before I voted that it said oz., but voted anyway because I just figured the OP meant lbs.

My Jewell trigger is set at 2 lbs. It's on my field/comp gun.

2-2.5 lbs fn spr trigger field/lr

Right now they are set at whatever they come from the factory at. Haven't adjusted the Accutrigger on my FV yet, as I'm shooting pretty good with it where it is.
Eric

3 Timneys all set at 2.5lbs

2lb old style remmy, its on a mainly target rifle that sometimes gets used for hunting

All my match rifles have jewel triggers or similar, they are 1 to 1 1/2 lbs. Hunting rifles 3 lbs. Don't like triggers in the ounces while moving and changing positions etc. To big a chance of an AD!

I voted as well hoping the OP meant lbs. not ounces. Was just playing with a trigger yesterday on a buddy's rifle that averaged 4.9 oz for 3 pulls on my electronic gauge. No thanks.

Jewell , set less than a pound . Will soon be replacing with a 2 stage

Assumed OP meant pounds on survey and answered accordingly. 2.5 pounds on FN two-lever (Win M-70 style). These are field/tactical rifles, not benchrest applications.

I didn't vote because I'm not into bench rest and set my triggers that low... in oz's? For tactical or hunting setting them that low would be a no no! I have all my triggers set to 2.5lbs (3)Jewell's (1)Huber and (2)Accu-triggers.
Sully

all my triggers on bolt actions are set at 2 lbs and the semi's 3.5lbs.

I have a Jewell on my Hunting/Competition rifle. I used to have it set at a few ounces but it was hard to know exactly when it was going to break. I don't believe a trigger should suprise you when it breaks. I want complete control of when the trigger breaks. In my experience it yields more consistent results. I have since raised my pull weight to 1.5 lbs because it allows me to gently preload the trigger and pop it right when i want it to. This keeps me from flinching. I hunted with it for the last few seasons and never had a slam fire or failure even set at a few ounces. If you have a bench gun the lighter the better IMO.

Not exactly sure of the weight since I don't have a scale, but if I tie off a 2.5 lb weight I just barely push on it to break it. I figure it should be in the 3-3.5lb range which is fine for a rifle used mostly for hunting.

It's a x-mark adjusted about as light as I can get it.

2.5 factory but worked over rem. trigger on both guns one hunting one target

2.5 lb, practical rifles. My one bench rifle is about 1.5 lb.
Mixture of factory rem tuning, shilen, and jewell

All mine are set at 1.5# since I only shoot targets.

i voted 2.5lbs, that's where most of mine are. with a few less and 1 or 2 more

one a 1.5 and another at 2. 1.5 is a little light for my liking

2 factory savage target actions bench guns 8oz and 10 oz.

Just installed a Jewell on my R700, trigger pull gage said 3-1/2-4. Can't seem to get a consistent read. It's defintiely a lot better than the stock trigger I took off. I'm not sure how much lighter I'd like to go on it at this point. The way it was originally set from Jewell (didn't measure it) was so light that all I had to do was touch it and <pop>. I'm interested to see where the rest of you guys keep yours. Some of them seem to light for my tastes.

BTW- I am obviously a newbie, so please don't think I am criticizing anyone's preferences. I'm just too much of a Lummox for a 1.5# pull.

Brian.

14oz Sharp shooter supply, tactical comp

2.5 lbs, but they are mostly Huber Concepts. Feels like much less.

Mine are set @ 2 lbs this seems to work for me.