• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you put in your wrist coach?

Alex126

Lance for life
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2014
NC
I'm shooting a match this weekend (first one in over a year due to finances), and I need some advice as to what I should put in my wrist coach.

I've thought about blank cards to write stage data on and pre made dope cards for DA increments of 500ft. Other than that I'm drawing a blank and can't decide what the most helpful route would be.

Any tips would be appreciated.

I make a custom drop chart for the specific day and conditions of that match. Pull weather data and get barometric pressure approximation, get the forecasted temp for the match day (i usually pick the halfway point between cold morning temps and warmer afternoon temps), get the physical elevation of the range using online map tools. Plug it all into JBM online calculator and print up a drop chart based on my confirmed velocity and trued BC. If you want to be extra thorough, you can also look up a wind forecast map to know what the predicted wind speeds and direction for the day will be (still need to go off range specific conditions though). All this data matches my Kestrel/Phone app data when pulling DA and updating the app. Just nice to have a hard copy if electronics crap out.

Other than that, just a blank piece of white paper to scratch elevation/wind holds for a stage. I put the blank page on the outer portion of the wrist coach and write on the exterior plastic with a grease pencil. I put the drop chart in the interior flap of the wrist coach.

Thanks, I think I'll do both of those. My other solution required manually copying the information from AB on my phone to my computer, which was obviously slow and inefficient.

I only write info for the stage I'm shooting. You may want to get a bunch of index cards and write your target id. and dope for each stage.

I wound up using blank 3x5" cards to write down my holds for each stage, with the data coming from AB on my phone.

The reference data card I made was surprisingly accurate all day even with the 25° temperature range we experienced. It was particularly helpful for wind calls when conditions changed mid stage.

When I finish a stage, I go prepare for the next stage. Part of that prep is writing my holds and any notes about target location or whatever. I use white duct tape and a sharpie. It helps me to prepare by waiting until the beginning of each stage to make my wrist notes with the added benefit of staying on top of current weather conditions. I like to clear my mind of junk and just focus on each stage and do all my prep one stage at a time.

Ummm... I don't have one. Maybe the wife does? And I don't want to know what's in it!

64283_svdk6_a0