• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

What do you think about this Gen Purpose set up?

GIO

Private
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2008
Omaha, NE USA
What do think about an LTR 308 with a NF 2.5 X 10-32 set up

In reality I will only be shooting out to 600 yrds with few exceptions. My club has some fun matches and I would like a nice handy rifle that can deliver some energy out to 600 or so.

Thoughts?

Re: What do you think about this Gen Purpose set up?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pat M</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bump the NF up to the 15X </div></div>

1+. With that, you can take your LTR out to 1K without issues.

What sort of matches? If you're going to be shooting for group size you'll want something with adjustable parallax (like the NF 15x...)

the 10x seems a bit stretched on 1 minute targets out past 500 or 600. definately go with the 15x

The rifle will probably be okay, but I'd definitely go for a little more magnification. Something like the NF 3.5-15x or the PH 3-15x would be a much better option.

Yes, if it is in your budget. It will just help if you get lost in dialing dope.

Eddie