• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what do you think of PARD 008P LRF?

Rambo Sonny

Private
Minuteman
May 24, 2022
Boston
The PARD name is one I have skirted for some time as they always seemed sold out due to popularity in either 007 or 008 formats. The former is a rear add on for a regular day scope and I hope to get one soon but my first assumption was that the 008 would be better suited for foxing.

The NV 008P LRF is the top specification unit; with side mounted laser rangefinders, as well as onboard day/night digital imagery, with a reticle system to cater for most 24/7 pest control needs.

The underside of the unit – all neatly packaged in a zippered Cordura type case – is an extended reach scope mount to ensure correct eye relief with the UK’s more common bolt action rifle format.

This has two claws to attach to a Picatinny rail with 5/8” nut to fasten and I did so with growing confidence as I met a distinct tactile limit when tightened without any of the ‘soft toffee’ quality you so often encounter with aluminium.

This rail is attached under the PARD using three M5 countersunk screws with multiple extension positions, all with a central rail to ensure alignment. I found this to be a subtle improvement over some others, with stainless helicoids in the sockets to assure steel to steel location – an impressive start.

Attachments

• SRM192.review_1.pard_008plrf_1-scaled.jpg
    SRM192.review_1.pard_008plrf_1-scaled.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 33