• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What do you think?

B y r o n

Private
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2004
Western Kentucky
So you order a barrel . . .

Ordered a 22LR Lilja 22-1/2" 1 in 9 twist 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle. Problem is vendor shipped 21-1/2" length barrel. I contact the vendor and they what to know what my research is that necissatates a 22" barrel. They say they measured the remaining barrels and they are 22-1/2" and the barrel I received must have been a proto type barrel. When I say fine, include a return shipping label with the correct barrel and I will send the incorrect barrel back. They then try and say he will split the shipping and substitue a different manufacture which supposedly cost more. I say if you can't supply the barrel I ordered then send a return shipping label and refund my credit card. His reponse was there is a 25% restocking fee and I will have to pay the return shipping.

I've already contacted my credit card company and waiting for their response. I also know that a company cannot charge a restocking fee if they sent a defective or wrong part.

What makes a vendor think they can send an incorrect part and think they have the right to expect a restocking fee along with expecting me to pay for their mistake.

I know that mistakes happen but why would a vendor think that the customer has to pay for thier mistake?

This isn't the first time I've had a dealer/vendor try and substitute/change what was ordered and expect me to pay for something I didn't want or ordered. It took a court the first time, we were in the same state, but because this is across state lines I don't think it will come to a court ruling.

Which way do you think this should go?

Are you both measuring these barrels the same way, odd they would have one short barrel.

Your response could have been I'm having the CC company reverse the charges and you can come pickup your barrel during normal business hours. Storage charges will start to accrue after 3 days.

So you order a barrel . . .

Ordered a 22LR Lilja 22-1/2" 1 in 9 twist 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle. Problem is vendor shipped 21-1/2" length barrel. I contact the vendor and they what to know what my research is that necissatates a 22" barrel. They say they measured the remaining barrels and they are 22-1/2" and the barrel I received must have been a proto type barrel. When I say fine, include a return shipping label with the correct barrel and I will send the incorrect barrel back. They then try and say he will split the shipping and substitue a different manufacture which supposedly cost more. I say if you can't supply the barrel I ordered then send a return shipping label and refund my credit card. His reponse was there is a 25% restocking fee and I will have to pay the return shipping.

I've already contacted my credit card company and waiting for their response. I also know that a company cannot charge a restocking fee if they sent a defective or wrong part.

What makes a vendor think they can send an incorrect part and think they have the right to expect a restocking fee along with expecting me to pay for their mistake.

I know that mistakes happen but why would a vendor think that the customer has to pay for thier mistake?

This isn't the first time I've had a dealer/vendor try and substitute/change what was ordered and expect me to pay for something I didn't want or ordered. It took a court the first time, we were in the same state, but because this is across state lines I don't think it will come to a court ruling.

Which way do you think this should go?
PlumpGaseousAmericanlobster-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
You're kidding right?
Look up some threads by Geno he can probably tell you anything you need to know.
So what qualifications do you have?
Not kidding, I order one thing and a vendor ships a different part and I'm just supposed to accept it!

No evidence given that the supplied part is going to perform as good as or better than what I originally ordered.

Over the past year, the only thing America is producing more of is "Excuses".... It's getting worse by the day... During a life time in the heavy industrial construction world... I dealt with "World Class Bullshitters"... These clowns today can't hold a light to a World Class Bullshitter.... Perhaps it's just that they think every one is as stupid as they are... IDK

Not kidding, I order one thing and a vendor ships a different part and I'm just supposed to accept it!

No evidence given that the supplied part is going to perform as good as or better than what I originally ordered.
Who is the vendor?

How are you measuring the barrel? I'm assuming bolt face to muzzle. Maybe they're measuring from the start of the rifling/end of the chamber? Cartridge overall length is exactly 1" so that might make the difference in measurement styles.

And what is your background that it will perform the same or better than a 22" barrel?
None, and I don't shoot 6.5 Creedmore either 😉

But yeah, the policy they're implenting for all of this is bullshit.

Still, I'd just shoot it. I'm not good enough to blame a half inch of barrel for my performance.

Wait, that didn't come out the way I meant it 🤣 :LOL::unsure:

How are you measuring the barrel? I'm assuming bolt face to muzzle. Maybe they're measuring from the start of the rifling/end of the chamber? Cartridge overall length is exactly 1" so that might make the difference in measurement styles.
Measured from the end of the barrel to the muzzle. The bolt face is only 0.040" to 0.042" difference.

None, and I don't shoot 6.5 Creedmore either 😉

But yeah, the policy they're implenting for all of this is bullshit.

Still, I'd just shoot it. I'm not good enough to blame a half inch of barrel for my performance.

Wait, that didn't come out the way I meant it 🤣 :LOL::unsure:
So you think it is alright for a vendor to ship you something you didn't order and expect you to accept it?

Is this a finished barrel? Drop-in? Don't think I've seen a finished rimfire barrel from Lilja longer than 21 inches.
Got a screenshot of the vendor's listing?

Reactions: nn8734
Is this a finished barrel? Drop-in? Don't think I've seen a finished rimfire barrel from Lilja longer than 21 inches.
I’m curious to see if he actually puts up a screen shot. Asked him twice for the vendor and he’s seen, and ignored, each post.

On the other hand, perhaps if he installs a Kidd trigger it’s likely all his problems go away and he forgets all about this unpleasantness with the “Vendor”.

I’m curious to see if he actually puts up a screen shot. Asked him twice for the vendor and he’s seen, and ignored, each post.

On the other hand, perhaps if he installs a Kidd trigger it’s likely all his problems go away and he forgets all about this unpleasantness with the “Vendor”.
barrel measurement.jpg

So just because I don't wish to not reveal the vendor just yet doesn't make my statement true?

View attachment 7664457

So just because I don't wish to not reveal the vendor just yet doesn't make my statement true?
It weakens your position. Bigly.

You’re the one who has been wronged yet by not disclosing the vendor, you are:

1) failing to inform/warn the membership of a business that provides less than positive customer experiences

2) failing to litigate your case in the court of public opinion - in case you’re not aware, digital marketplaces have long past superseded physical ones where suppliers and customers interact and transact. So much so that most companies have persons or entire teams dedicated to managing brand rep in digital spaces and so nothing but scouring these spaces for customer complaints so that they can engage and make good thus limiting reputational damage. A business who would hold this sort of feedback against you for bringing it to light is not worth doing business with anyway

3) failing to name the vendor makes you look like a FUCKING PUSSY!

if it was me and I already decided against a suit (usually because the juice isn’t worth the squeeze), my next step is to take the fight to them where it hurts the most - their marketplaces.

If you feel you haven’t given the vendor enough time to resolve the dispute and thus don’t want to name them just yet - why even bother posting this thread?

It weakens your position. Bigly.

You’re the one who has been wronged yet by not disclosing the vendor, you are:

1) failing to inform/warn the membership of a business that provides less than positive customer experiences

2) failing to litigate your case in the court of public opinion - in case you’re not aware, digital marketplaces have long past superseded physical ones where suppliers and customers interact and transact. So much so that most companies have persons or entire teams dedicated to managing brand rep in digital spaces and so nothing but scouring these spaces for customer complaints so that they can engage and make good thus limiting reputational damage. A business who would hold this sort of feedback against you for bringing it to light is not worth doing business with anyway

3) failing to name the vendor makes you look like a FUCKING PUSSY!

if it was me and I already decided against a suit (usually because the juice isn’t worth the squeeze), my next step is to take the fight to them where it hurts the most - their marketplaces.

If you feel you haven’t given the vendor enough time to resolve the dispute and thus don’t want to name them just yet - why even bother posting this thread?
Maybe because I asked, "which way do you think this should go", and you don't have the balls to express your opinion!

Maybe because I asked, "which way do you think this should go", and you don't have the balls to express your opinion!
It’s your money, dude.

ETA: not sure what you mean by that last sentence but if you’re referring to me, I thoroughly expressed my opinion.

And what is your background that it will perform the same or better than a 22" barrel?

What is your background that you know it won't?

It's an inch difference and it doesn't turn your rifle into an SBR. IF that's the only thing wrong with the barrel you can add to your life's aggravations or you can screw it into your rifle and move the fuck on.

It’s your money, dude.
You're right and I've already contacted my credit card company. If you think I'm accepting this you're wrong. It doesn't boil down to if the barrel shipped would work or not, it boils down to what I ordered and what was shipped. The vendor has accepted no responsibility for shipping an item I did not order and wants me to pay a 25% restocking fee for his mistake as well as paying for shipping it back to him.

I thought .22 had a much faster twist, like 1/15.

You're right and I've already contacted my credit card company. If you think I'm accepting this you're wrong. It doesn't boil down to if the barrel shipped would work or not, it boils down to what I ordered and what was shipped. The vendor has accepted no responsibility for shipping an item I did not order and wants me to pay a 25% restocking fee for his mistake as well as paying for shipping it back to him.
Show me where I’m disputing the validity of your claim. Am I doing that?? If you think so, prove it.

Im questioning your decision to keep the vendor’s name concealed hence covering up their identity from the community. Same shit I see all the time on here and elsewhere.

a member starts a thread about some horrific terrible experience (s) with one outfit or another, goes into all the lurid details, rallies everyone else around the cause, yet - never names the fuck show that screwed him over.

Lol.

Reactions: 308pirate

OK Farva

Usually 1-16. OP's barrel would be for subs or those fancy new high-BC bullets.

There are some interesting things happening with rimfire, it's not just for the ELR bullets and there is a reason for the 22" request.

If it's not what you ordered / or wanted & they want to be dicks about it - shove it back up their rear.

I do like AllenOne1's response ( "Your response could have been I'm having the CC company reverse the charges and you can come pickup your barrel during normal business hours. Storage charges will start to accrue after 3 days."). :p

Reactions: js1977

There are some interesting things happening with rimfire, it's not just for the ELR bullets and there is a reason for the 22" request.
Yeah, thought there was some high-speed reason for it. I landed in the middle of that thread and got lost so best to leave it for someone else.

I do like AllenOne1's response ( "Your response could have been I'm having the CC company reverse the charges and you can come pickup your barrel during normal business hours. Storage charges will start to accrue after 3 days."). :p

I am waiting for my credit card company's response to my contesting the charge as not being what I ordered. I did offer the vendor to send me a return shipping label and reversal of credit card charges and that is when they sent me the 25% restocking fee and I would have to pay for shipping the barrel back to them. I'm not planning to ship the barrel back to them until I receive the return shipping label and my bank has reversed the charges.

My reason for posting this is to see what other would do in this case. I will post the vendor info once I get a response from my credit card company, no matter their decision.

If the situation is like you described it, I have no doubt the CC company will reverse the charges ( heck, I've seen them reverse them when the situation was more in favor of the vendor ). They want to keep you happy. Hope it all ends up like you want it to. Good luck.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton

I am waiting for my credit card company's response to my contesting the charge as not being what I ordered. I did offer the vendor to send me a return shipping label and reversal of credit card charges and that is when they sent me the 25% restocking fee and I would have to pay for shipping the barrel back to them. I'm not planning to ship the barrel back to them until I receive the return shipping label and my bank has reversed the charges.

My reason for posting this is to see what other would do in this case. I will post the vendor info once I get a response from my credit card company, no matter their decision.
Did you read the vendors return policy? You may get a tentative credit, but the barrel will have to be shipped back before you will get the credit fully back.

All the other barrels are 22" and this one is 21.5" - whoever machined the blanks botched the muzzle threads on that barrel, cut it off and corrected.
Does that amount to a hill of beans, not necessarily. Is it as advertised, no, he should swap it if in fact has all those "other barrels" that are 22". Does the lost 1/2" mean diddly squat, no, there could be the off chance the sweet spot for the crown was the last 1/2" but that's just probably not the case. You could slug the barrel and try to get a feel for the crown area, but this is probably much ado about nothing.

Reactions: thejeep
100% right here. They fucked up they should make it right on their dime.

If you ordered a 22LR Lilja 22-1/2" 1 in 9 twist 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle, then you should get a 22LR Lilja 22-1/2" 1 in 9 twist 1/2"-28 threaded muzzle. Not a 21-1/2, not a 23-1/2... Or, you should either get a full refund back or a replacement should be sent out with the correct measurments. End of story. None of this "close enough" BS or pay half for shipping or restocking fee.

1) should you have gotten a 22.5" barrel if that's what you ordered...yes.

2) should the vendor make it right without making you jump through hoops...yes.

Buuuuuut you didn't, and he's not...soooo

3) is 1" of barrel length going to make any significant difference at all in velocity, accuracy, ect...no.

4) is it worth the hassle of dealing with your CC company and dealing with some asshole vendor over that 1"...probably also no.

Honestly man, you've got a barrel, I say mount it up and shoot it....if it shoots, well, don't worry about fucking 1" of barrel length.

Frankly I would have never looked at a 21.5" barrel and gone, "man that looks short, let me measure that".....which leads me to believe you were looking for issues, and just happened to find one

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Hi,

Is the vendor wrong in the way you state they are handling the situation? Yes

Does that 1" in barrel length actually matter in the scheme of things? No

You have the potential to have more accuracy issues due to that muzzle being threaded than you do with loosing 1" of your desired barrel length.
Don't believe me? Ask Mike at Vudoo to show you the proof.

Sincerely,
Theis

From the original post:
"This isn't the first time I've had a dealer/vendor try and substitute/change what was ordered and expect me to pay for something I didn't want or ordered. It took a court the first time, we were in the same state, but because this is across state lines I don't think it will come to a court ruling."

Is the vendor acting based on previous experience with the buyer? This might get more interesting when the vendor is named and shows up on this thread with his version of this story.

Probably wrong but this is where my brain went with the information we have. The vendors initial response as stated in this thread is very odd.

From the original post:
"This isn't the first time I've had a dealer/vendor try and substitute/change what was ordered and expect me to pay for something I didn't want or ordered. It took a court the first time, we were in the same state, but because this is across state lines I don't think it will come to a court ruling."

Is the vendor acting based on previous experience with the buyer? This might get more interesting when the vendor is named and shows up on this thread with his version of this story.

Probably wrong but this is where my brain went with the information we have. The vendors initial response as stated in this thread is very odd.
This is the first time I have dealt with this vendor. The prior incident I was referring to was back in 1975. I ordered a car and when the dealer said it was in I went to look at it. Had the wrong interior but dealer said he was going to swap interiors with another car they had. I said no way and dealer refused to give me my deposit back because he said he had to dealer trade for the car he got. The court agreed with me and I got every cent back. Never dealt with that dealer again.

Reactions: AllenOne1
Get what you ordered because its what you ordered.

Whatever happens keep us posted so I can make a note not to buy from them.

Not sure what you plan on using this for but for benchrest 22lr (the most accurate 22's there are) the barrel length is determined by finding the tightest spot (choke) in the barrel and cutting the muzzle there regardless of the length.

If you slug the barrel and it's tightest point is at 18" that's what you get if it's 21.5" that's where you cut it for the best accuracy.

• Wow
Reactions: Thorny