• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing what do you use to tighten barrel

oldolds442

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 5, 2007
macon, ga
does the wheeler engineering action wrench have a slot to line up the badger recoil lug while tightening the barrel to the action? what do you guys use to line it up. was going to get a badger alignment fixture, but they are on backorder. does the wheeler work?

Re: what do you use to tighten barrel

The wheeler doesn't have it built in I am fairly sure. I have done it by eye, it takes tightening and loosening a few times to get it right. One of the alignment tools is best.

Dave

since my receiver wrench indexes off the front mounting hole, i eye ball the flat bottom of the lug against the flat bottom of the wrench. i have an idea for an adjustable lug alignment tool that i plan on making very soon.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300sniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">since my receiver wrench indexes off the front mounting hole, i eye ball the flat bottom of the lug against the flat bottom of the wrench. i have an idea for an adjustable lug alignment tool that i plan on making very soon.</div></div>

Look forward to seeing this!

Or use an inline wrench and a Badger lug alignment tool.