• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What does it cost?

txgunnertx

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 29, 2010
weatherford tx
Wanna build off of a R700 action, never used a remmy for a build, and wondered what's normal to have the barrel installed and headspaced.

And who would y'all recommend, in DFW or not.

Re: What does it cost?

Around $200 to chamber and install the barrel. Another $200 to true it.

Gene Williams in Princeton will do the work for you and is resonably priced.

I would suggest getting in on the Stiller Group buy and have the guys at Stillers chamber it. Action is $760 and they will chamber and install for $200.

Anywhere from 250-450 is normal to have a barrel blank threaded chambered and installed. Pm bugholes on here. His turnaround is pretty quick

DFW I would call David of Shark suppressors he is building 3 rifles for me. Get a can from hiim while you are there.

I just got a rifle from Phoenix Custom Rifles, I think the rebarrel was somewhere around 275 and the blueprinting of the action was an additional 200. Well worth it, gun is punching a 3/8 moa holes all day. Plus the bonus is Brad and Keith Johns are 2 of the easiest guys to get along with. Worth checking them out.