• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What does your shop charge for transfers?

Place south of me charged $50 for one of my wifes pistols. I needed a piece of paper proving a transfer from my dad to me, my dad needed the receipt to give to NY to take the gun off his pistol permit. They didn't charge me for that one.
A place down the road from me, guy charges $10. Have to give him a heads up of whats coming, then set an appointment to pick it up. I think he only does it a couple nights a week.

The store I manage charges 30$ per gun , no NFA. I can be flexible depending on what you buy while picking up gun. Had a guy last week had an AR transferred in and he bought a scope, bipod, sling and plenty of ammo, asked me he owed for the transfer? I told him we appreciate him spending money with us and he didn't have a transfer fee.
That is also a good example of civil and polite people being good to each other. Bless you and your customers.

Reactions: TACC
$20 here in nw Illinois. It would be a huge headache part time since most firearms are shipped sign on delivery.

30 for the public, but I'm pretty good friends with them so I dont pay but every now and then I make them take my money since it's their business though. When they need something done for their house or shop I handle it.

$45 for standard, $60 for expedited (no idea what the time difference is), $35 for private sale transfers (I'm in Texas, so no idea why you would), and $100 for NFA items.

30 bucks is average around here. it is the length of time they take that varies.

The local shop I deal with on most occasions charge 25 for a 4473, and 100 for a NFA transfer.

$15 for 4473 items at my preferred dealer. He doesn't do NFA items.

Different shops around here are $25-50 for NFA items.

I used to think most shops charging $100 for ffl transfers plus sales tax on the invoice was pretty egregious until I wanted to buy some ammo. Most shops are charging more for ammo transfers than 4473 items.

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
I used to think most shops charging $100 for ffl transfers plus sales tax on the invoice was pretty egregious until I wanted to buy some ammo. Most shops are charging more for ammo transfers than 4473 items.
Good for those FFLs. I just had a quote for a privacy fence and 10K was in installation...

• Wow
Reactions: NoDopes
99.95 for a paint job at Earl Scheib ? oh 20.00 for a rifle transfer

Do you want to be an FFL? Fair amount of responsibility.
Ive considered getting one just for convenience, maybe have a small shop. I kind of like the name 'Guns and Coffee' Small shop that had a coffee shop in front and guns shop in back. Free coffe to cops, bring people in to buy coffee, sell a gun, or vice versa. I know you have to keep your personal stuff separate but what other 'responsibilities' would you run into other than basic security, etc?

$75 long guns, $50 handguns. I doubt I'll use them again for transfers. There are a couple other places that are between $35 and $50.

Found a place for $15, but most around here are $25, per weapon.

Oddly enough ordered a gun today, my normal ffl charges $20 but is jacked up at the moment so having to take a month off, the second closest guy to me was $10 if you have a carry license.

30$ single item, $50 as many as you get in for a stop. He's let me hold and just drop by after accumulating a month worth of shiz before. Yeah, I know you go on lists, but sometimes you can't decide on what you want, so you order one of each, a pistol to match, matching one for the wife...

35 - 40 dollars

Unless you are buying from a place you have access to that carries the item you are selling. My last purchase was at a shop in Texas. Since I was buying from them and transferring there, they waived the transfer fee.

But one time, I bought on GB from a place in Louisiana and I did have to pay a transfer fee here.

$30 per listed item on the 4473 ( but reality - we generally only charge the $30 total for multiples going out at the same time ).
$100 NFA