• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What else do I need?

jhr1986

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 6, 2012
SLCish, UT
I've got my first precision bolt gun on order and it will be here in a couple weeks and I need to get set up to reload rifle cartridges (.308 mostly). I've got a Lee classic turret press, which is what I'll have to use until I get my hands on a Co-Ax. I've also got a priming tool, case cleaning stuff, calipers, and scale. So here's what I'm planning on picking up:

Lee deluxe 3 die set (I'm going to stick with FL resizing and annealing every few firings at first to keep things simple)
Forster Ultra Micrometer seater die
case trimmer
chamfering/deburring tool
spray lube
Redding 3BR powder measure
powder trickler

am I missing anything to get started loading "match quality" .308 rounds?

If you want to go all out on case prep I would get a primer pocket uniformer and flash hole deburing tools

Bullets too.... :) No, I would also get a hornady bullet comparator, headspace gauge , and maybe even an oal gauge. The comparator is a MUST in my opinion because every lot of bullets is different in regards to bearing surface. It's much more effective to load to the ogive and the comparator gives you those readings very simply.