• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What ELSE do you use your Ultrasonic cleaner for?

Horns8491

Minuteman
Apr 24, 2017
I don't use US cleaning for brass any more (now I do Orkan's rice tumbling method). I'd love to hear what other uses (besides cleaning brass) people have found for the US cleaner. Dies? Gun parts? What else can I chuck in there and get cleaned the easy way?

I clean my dentures, however it seams I've developed a touch of the doctors are calling dementia.

It works pretty well to finish the carbon cleaning of my suppressor, brakes and other heavily carboned items. Heavy simple green solution and multiple cycles does the trick.

Cleans prescription glasses really good! Just found out yesterday. Was looking to get new glasses. While waiting the ladie asked if I wanted mine cleaned? Worked good.
Only a few seconds!

I don't own a sonic cleaner but I would think it would work well for cleaning gun parts. Trigger groups, bolts, maybe even pistol frames that have been field stripped.

there was a time where (someone) would fill the tank with PERC (dry cleaning fluid) to clean trigger groups and other 'oddities of minute mechanical assemblies', but I don't know him anymore.

i used an ultrasonic cleaner with a heated bath (160F) of potassium hydroxide and soap made for ultrasonics. it had enough power on the ultrasonics to increase temperature slowly even with heating elements shut off, so i always turned ultrasonic power down to 70%.
...... the powerful alkaline cleaner is designed to break down organic materials including moist paints. it also will dissolve aluminum

I use mine to clean silencers, bolt carrier groups, I even deep six 8" Sig mpx barrels and gas systems, my mix takes the paint off. I do not clean brass, my big cleaner is so powerful it gets brass too clean and fuckers up my neck tension.

Bike chains. They need to be very clean before waxing.