• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What else out there compares to the Leupold CQBSS?

Crosshair

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2013
Kenai AK
Was just wondering what else has the same type setup as the CQBSS. I haven't had a chance to look through one, sounds like a 5 moa red dot combined with a precision reticle. At $3000 it will probably be forever out of my budget, but up to $1600 could in the future. Is the US Optics sn4/sr6 set up like this? The dual focal plane sounds interesting. How close are either of these to an actual red dot? What else out there guys? Thnx

http://swfa.com/Leupold-11-8x24-Mark-8-CQBSS-34mm-Riflescope-P48095.aspx

http://swfa.com/US-Optics-15-6x28-SN-4-30mm-Riflescope-P51368.aspx

Last edited:
Crosshair, check out the IOR 1.5-8 at Liberty Optics. The illunination is daytime bright and it's in your price range. I had a smooth transaction with Scott.

With the H27D reticle and donut of death, nothing. If you are flexible in reticles, the USO 1-8 is nice.

I love my CQBSS. It is the end all, be all battle rifle scope, IMHO.

Yep, the CQBSS looks killer, nice vid, CST. Thanks for the info guys, going to take a closer look at the USO too. I hope more manufactures dabble with this type of setup, seems like a great compromise between a red dot and 8x optic. Some of the offerings from IOR look interesting too...

The USO and IOR scopes are about the only comparable scopes to the CQBSS.

The vortex razor HD 1-6 has a lot if fans in the 3 gun community. And the Norden performance GRSC 1-6 is another option. Both the Vortex and GRSC have 2nd FP reticle a so try act as red dots on low power.

The USO 1-8 has a BDC reticle, but the 1.5-6 does not, so you can get them with the EREK knob.

I'm thinking about an IOR or one of the USO scopes myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

For the money Horus has the best scope in that magnification range to 8X. (And maybe the best reticle as well.)