• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What else should I get "before a ban"?

Johnnyscience

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2009
Cleveland, Ohio
God only knows if, and when a ban will happen and what it will include.

But we are pretty smart animals, so lets just brain storm on this one for "what ifs"

So far I've purchased:

10 pmags
Mega Lower
Saiga 12
20 round drum for Saiga
2 - 10 round clips for the Saiga

As long as my tax return gets here friday, (its been delayed) I will be buying the following:

HK P30
1000 rounds of 5.56
Iron Ridge Arms .308 stripped lower
hopefully some .308 ammo
10 .308 Pmags when they come out (I'm on 2 waiting lists)

As I type this I'm also having built from a flat & parts kit at one of the best smiths in the business is an HK53 & at another top notch smith is my Saiga 12 converted to a side folder with pistol grip & 8" barrel.

Now technically I still need everything else for an ar-15, all I have is the stripped lower. I will also have to build my .308, but need to wait for Iron Ridge Arms to produce their matching upper, which wont be for about 9-12 months. (I should have their new lower in about 4 weeks, its a DPMS configuration)

So what do you guys think?

What is the next hot, "AW ban" parts that I need to get next?

I still need and I will get all other "survival" gear and needs later and at some point. But I want to get the stuff right now that will be likely to not be available.

Re: What else should I get "before a ban"?

Not only that but he's days late and boo-coo dollars short !!

I was just wondering how much it would cost to stock a sailboat (ocean capable) and just cruise some islands for XX of years ? Since there isn't anywhere to "run to" , why not just sail off into the sunset ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">somebody drank the kool-aide ..... </div></div>

At least its not the same brand of kool-aide that 52% of "other people" drank!! If it makes you feel good stocking up, then have at it. As far as money is concerned, last fall was the time to be stocking up... day late a dollar short

If it is a semi-automatic and fed via a magazine, get one.
Good luck. Let me know when you find the Holy Grail too.

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But we are pretty smart animals</div></div>I'm recommending that you get the following two items: a job with some semblance of security and a mortgage you can afford.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But we are pretty smart animals</div></div>I'm recommending that you stock up with the following two items: a job with some semblance of security and a mortgage you can afford. </div></div>

How does that even make sense or have anything to do with the comment of mine you quoted?

Megacab:

First off, KILLER back bro, crazy. I love it. Second, ridiculous rifle.

I'd like to go hunting for the holy grail, but I want you in my squad when we go searching.

You in?
wink.gif

I should also state, even though I would like to stockpile, as you can see with my list above, I am just worried about the 1 of each. I just need the bare essentials right now and will surplus later if I have time & money.

But I need to make sure I'm armed to the teeth.

Why?

Who the fuck knows.

The AWB sunsetted nearly five years ago. The smart animals among us have been stocking up since.......LOL. I have bought a GAP AR10 and a pre 89 NM M1A in the last few months. Couldn't help myself. I would say ammo should be high on your priority list right now.

My 2cents, anything that has a clip with more than 10 rounds is probably in danger, guy that got in with 52% of the vote talked about this on the campaign trail. Assault rifles are called "black rifles" which I had never heard till that NBC news clip, which makes me think, get stainless to avoid the law!

I would suggest you stock up on ammo, only reason being if you live in one of the states trying to pass the engraved ammo crap...

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm

Unfortunately, I live in one. However, in Florida, there are huge ammo shortages, even though that state is not in the cross hairs of this legislation. What is the answer? Reload.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 2cents, anything that has a clip with more than 10 rounds is probably in danger</div></div>

That's Magazine, M-1 Garands usedclips but not more than 10 rds
smile.gif

But you are correct, anything hi-cap is in danger.

Right now ammunition and reloading supplies are harder to come by than weapons are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Megacab:

I'd like to go hunting for the holy grail, but I want you in my squad when we go searching.

You in?
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks, brah. Back is only half done. Still needs to be completely colored
grin.gif

Holy Grail search? Hells yeah, I'm in! Ar10 is set to go.
wink.gif

Remember Johnny: Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ArcticLight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gildoom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My 2cents, anything that has a clip with more than 10 rounds is probably in danger</div></div>

That's Magazine, M-1 Garands usedclips but not more than 10 rds
smile.gif

But you are correct, anything hi-cap is in danger.

Right now ammunition and reloading supplies are harder to come by than weapons are. </div></div>

I'm also finding that buying options for my bushmaster are taking forever compared to a year ago. Gun store I get some stuff from told me that AR platforms are selling the moment they come in but it has slowed down. So, perhaps people are buying clips, stocks, different uppers now.

Hi Cap HK or Glock pistols, ya can't have too many. Preferable to buy them in a private sale (no yellow form)

Good point, our new AG thinks there should be a national database showing who owns what guns, remember being told that would never happen? I do.

I had a buddy who did just that when the NY Judge granted his Ex the 5th increase in 5 years in alimony. Quietly sold his business and house, went to court and signed all the papers agreeing to it, took his 37' Valiant down the ICW to FL and spent 7 years cruising all the Caribbean from FL to Venezuela. Ate lobster and conch, had a string of hot "1st mates" and never paid another dime. She finally gave up and remarried and their dope head kid turned 21. BUT that was in more civilized times than I forsee when the economic meltdown really hits worldwide.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Megacab:

You in?
wink.gif
</div></div>

Thanks, brah. Back is only half done. Still needs to be completely colored
grin.gif

Holy Grail search? Hells yeah, I'm in! Ar10 is set to go.
wink.gif

Remember Johnny: Tis better to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it.

Jack
</div></div>

You must be a sick maniac... and I like that about you!

How many hours has gone into it so far?

What is the overall scene?

I see the triple beam in the middle... I assume there is a feather and a heart on each scale?

Showing the Egyptian scene of weighing the heart for sin?

Where are you from?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks, brah.

</div></div>

LOL I just shot milk out of my nose.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnnyscience</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You must be a sick maniac... and I like that about you!

How many hours has gone into it so far?

What is the overall scene?

I see the triple beam in the middle... I assume there is a feather and a heart on each scale?

Showing the Egyptian scene of weighing the heart for sin?

Where are you from?

</div></div>

So far I'm into for about 20-22 hours. Outlining is done, and full coloring/touch-up's should take about another 15-20 or so.

Here's a bigger pic

dscf0183.jpg

Theme is the whole Libra good -vs- evil "balance" thing.
Came to me in a dream, and I started drawing it at 3am, lol!
Triple beam in the middle is actually a figure with outstretched arms holding the scales
Left half is bright and angelic with feather wing, clouds, sunrays, and birds
Right side is dark and devilish with demon wing, fire, smoke, and skulls
Left scale has clouds
Right scale has fire
Left lower is a mountain range
Right lower is a volcanic range

And I am from Boston, MA

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks, brah.

</div></div>

LOL I just shot milk out of my nose. </div></div>

LOL! I call everyone "Brah"
grin.gif

Jack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lrt</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Megacab</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Thanks, brah.

</div></div>

LOL I just shot milk out of my nose. </div></div>

LOL! I call everyone "Brah"
grin.gif

Jack

</div></div>

I had a Point Break flashback!

Very cool ink BTW, I dont have the balls to pull the trigger on somehting like that!

Doesn't take balls, Lrt.
Takes cash!
I eat Ramen for my ink. You guys do it for GAP's...No real difference.
wink.gif

Jack

The biggest thing you need before the ban..... Just buy a little 10-22 with a couple boxes of ammo. There will be no waves of commies coming over the hills for you. If you want to target practice, buy a good bolt gun. If you want to hunt buy a marlin lever action. Buying ammo & reloading supplies is a no brainer, but really how much do you need? For $25 you can have a 1000 rounds of 22LR and if you need more than that, you're hosed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eddief</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mega, what are you gonna do if the ban back ink?
grin.gif
</div></div>

I'll have to take it <span style="font-style: italic">underground</span> !
They will NEVER get my ink!
Light the fires and VIVA LA REVOLUTION!
wink.gif

Jack

i dont really foresee a major sweeping ban happening. retailers are making a killing off the fear though. its much easier for the tyrants that be to dry up ammunition and reloading supply availability making the majority of our arms useless. i would however watch for legislation to surface restricting all ammunition and weapons chambered for cartridges currently in military inventories. many nations already have this law. any way as far as the black weapon comment...i spray my synthetic more "sporting" color schemes and have backup walnut for most. have yet to locate any good walnut ar furniture. anyone know?

How about the Illinois legislature seeking to pass a law requiring $1,000,000 liability insurance per firearm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How about the Illinois legislature seeking to pass a law requiring $1,000,000 liability insurance per firearm? </div></div>

Thank God for Texas. Illinois is a joke. The state of convicted governors (five I think) and stupid gun laws.

Jack, just curious what are the payments on the back tat running. You might be a redneck if you finance a tat. LOL

Mike

So..... you save up, go get an hour, then save up go get an hour....repeat, repeat, repeat. Kinda like financing. Whats the interest rate?????????

Mike

No, Mike. I book a 4 hour sitting, then pay in cash plus tip. Then 2 weeks later I book another 4 hour sitting, then pay in cash plus tip. Lather, rinse, repeat.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Littlesureshot</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The guy that got 52% of the votes was not even eligible to be on the ballot! Everything he signs will be null and void. There's a s**t storm coming and the media and supreme courts won't be able to stall this.
http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2009/feb/14/knox-legislators-join-effort-that-seeks-obamas/

He who has nothing to hide hides nothing. </div></div>

Doesnt mean squat. If he doesn't have one... they'll forge one for him. The Emperor can do no wrong.

I guess I can run for the next election in 4yrs. If you turn a blind eye to one thing in your Constitution than they can say " we want to throw out right to bear arms" and you've got nothing to stand on if you let this go!

Captain Dave Funk, that story on Argentina's daily life right after the crack in 2001 and its "recommendations" is delusional... that's for hobby survivalists that live in their own world and want to justify their spending on things of very dubious value (at best) and the tin foil hat brigade.

How do I know? I live right next to Argentina, have friends and relatives and travel frequently there, including years 2001-2002
smile.gif

I'm down for that sailboat idea, I don't even get seasick very easily! I'd be happy to sit in the crows nest with a scoped rifle and keep pirates at bay!

seriously though anything semi auto and/or handgun is not long for the world, IMHO...

I'd buy at least one pistol (hi-cap glock is a good investment, if buying for use go 1911)

I have been known to stash a couple of AR-15 lowers away in a dark corner in a dusty old box, under some old jeep magazines and such...

AK's and such are also a good bet if you are into them. I'm not...

I don't mean to sound morbid or warmongering or anything... but I think a ban is on the horizon. It reminds me of a movie quote... "something stirs in the east... a sleepless malice..."

free cookie if you name the movie and what I meant by "east"...

Re Birth Certificate:

obamacrimes.com

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sounds like lord of the rings. based on that ill assume east is mordor. </div></div>

winner winner... but what did <span style="font-style: italic"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">I</span></span></span> mean by east? (clue, it's in the USA)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fx77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Re Birth Certificate:

obamacrimes.com </div></div>linky no worky

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: offroadr1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh well in that case dc.
ill pm you where to ship my prize. </div></div>

you got it. one gingersnap comming right up! arent you glad you won? lol.