• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What ever happened to CHPWS Boom Brakes?

kingston

▬▬ι═ Ѡ ═ι▬▬
Minuteman
Jan 26, 2010
It looks like they stopped making them? Were they any good?

Hi,

Pretty sure you answered your own question really....

1. Know many manufacturers that stop making something that is selling?
2. Know many things that do not sell IF they are good?

Sincerely,
Theis

If I wanted to guess, I'd not have asked the question.

With all the great self-timing brakes on the market, I have no clue why anyone would waste their times looking at the CHPWS brakes.

Why is looking at them a waste of time? Why are they no good.

For pure function, setting aside aesthetics, the simple locking mechanism looks like a plus. They are huge, but so is a Piercision muscle brake.

Why is looking at them a waste of time? Why are they no good.

For pure function, setting aside aesthetics, the simple locking mechanism looks like a plus. They are huge, but so is a Piercision muscle brake.

Because they look poor quality (unrefined machining, no crown, lack of radiused edges, etc), and the timing device looks subpar.

Besides price (I'm assuming these are cheap based on the lack of features and quality), what does this brake do better then an Insite Arms Heathen, PVA Jetblast, APA bastard, Area419 Sidewinder, etc? Why should I pick it over these brakes?

The unprotected crown is a very good point.