• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision What ever happened to the PVS-21’s?

j-dubya

A-Driver for Doobby’s Taxiola
Minuteman
May 10, 2011
Atlanta area
Or at least their concept? Ten years ago, I was fascinated by the design and that’s what I wanted to save for for purchasing. Got to dabble with a set as some guys I was working with at a time had them in their kit. Ended up with anvis 9’s for my own personals, but the 21’s have resurfaced on my radar lately simply because I had forgotten about them. I always figured something better would come along based on their design so I would wait. Here we are years later and nothing has come from them...

Almost everyone I’ve heard who’s used them has nothing great to say about them.

Sounds like a good idea with lacking execution. But I’ve always been intrigued by them.

Super-funky special tubes, had some cool possibilities with various HUDs (thermal, augmented reality, etc), but complex, pricey, never really performed quite as well as even a regular PVS-14 -- but in a very narrow set of conditions, they were the best thing ever. I'd think of them more as a "Specialty Application Goggle" than a multi-role NOD.

More a novelty today than a usable solution. Not worth the $$$ most people are asking. For virtually any type of outdoor application, you're WAY better off getting a nice set of dual tube L3 or Exelis WP's.

But they are seriously cool-looking.

Oh I definitely wouldn’t buy today. Just years ago I thought the 21-style/design was going to be the direction future goggles went. You had improved depth perception, see-through lenses for when the lights came on or utilizing your weapon sights, and of course - at the time - they were advertising the future HUD capability for augmented reality displays and thermal overlays.

Reactions: TheHorta
21's are spectacular for running through dark to light to dark and in confined spaces. You can pump IFF or waypoint info in also

Reactions: TheHorta
21's are spectacular for running through dark to light to dark and in confined spaces. You can pump IFF or waypoint info in also
Yeah, they were seriously innovative. HUD and thermal. Super low profile. Too bad they didn’t use standard tubes. It would be awesome to have an update L3 WP version with HD HUD.

Reactions: DOVER