• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What finish comes on the Mcree chassis

Bayou1535

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2011
MW
Was wondering from those who have a Mcree chassis how well the finish holds up and what type of finish it is? I've seen a couple pics of lightly used Mcree's and the finish seems to wear or around the sharp edges quickly. I would assume so but was curious if it was best to just get one in the raw. Thanks

Re: What finish comes on the Mcree chassis

I do believe they use cerakote. I have not noticed any abnormal wear on my McRee. Any finish is going to wear, Cerakote is for the most part the indristry standard for firearm coatings, it didnt get that way for being known as a sub par finish. Get it raw if you want a color they dont offer. I repainted mine only because I wanted Graphite Black and Sniper Gray

What you could also do is get the stock raw and knock down the sharp edges just a tad before having it finished to your liking. Duracoat is used often as well, although not an industry standard.

Thanks for the ideas fellas