• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision What focal plane for thermal clip on.

Prebanpaul

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2009
Akron Ohio Summit
I have a pulsar clip on and I am running a Acog 4 power behind it with good results. I have just purchased a 2.5x10 second focal plane scope. Its the night force nxs. Just wondering if anyone is running a second focal plane. I was thinking second for the reticle to stay a decent size in the scope.

You likely won’t have the ability to resolve images at the maximum power, which means your reticle is a confusing duplex that can’t be reliably used for ranging or holding off. Other than that it’s fine.

I will be able to effectively dial. If I leave it on the same power 2.5-3 I get a much bigger field of view. A better aiming point and I will lose clarity going up. I am not shooting this 1000 yards plus. I am shooting 300 and in.

I dig SFP Low mag range scopes. Small visible reticle at all powers. What ever you are shooting should hopefully be relatively flat at 300 as well and not need a lot of adjustment either. Another option is get a Raptar in the group buy and then it solves all your problems.

Some will argue that FFP is necessary to range and range misses but come on we are talking shooting at night here. I think you have made good choices. Others may disagree.

I dig SFP Low mag range scopes. Small visible reticle at all powers. What ever you are shooting should hopefully be relatively flat at 300 as well and not need a lot of adjustment either. Another option is get a Raptar in the group buy and then it solves all your problems.

Some will argue that FFP is necessary to range and range misses but come on we are talking shooting at night here. I think you have made good choices. Others may disagree.

There's another Raptar group buy?