• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What glass to put on my new noveske 18"???

Hatter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2011
Wi
Hello, new guy here.

I just picked up a noveske stainless 18" and can't decide on an optic. The rifle will be used at the range shooting paper and hunting coyotes.

Do I want a uso 1.8-10? Maybe a 3.2-17 that is for sale here on the hide? Maybe a nf?

Re: What glass to put on my new noveske 18"???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hydro556</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the one for sale here is overpriced. Call Jeff, he will beat it.

At least he used to. </div></div>

Who is Jeff? Does he have a website?

Morning bump.

Who has the best customer service/warranty (uso, nf s/b) ?

What's your price range?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hatter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Morning bump.

Who has the best customer service/warranty (uso, nf s/b) ?</div></div>

From what I read and my experience USOs CS is second to none IMO. I'm about to get a Mk12 Mod 1 and and plan on putting a 3.5-10x40mm on it. IOR has a 2.5-10x42mm for 1189$ @ liberty optics. Nightforce has the 2.5-10x32mm with zero stop for 1500$ and then leupold has the mark 4, lowest price I've found on the mark 4 I want is 1350. If you have the money definitely USO.

PH.

Problem solved. Time to move on.

Coyotes? I just bought the 2.5x10x32 NF zero stop low velocity reticle for my dog gun, under 1500.00 shipped

Price really isn't an issue.

Yes, coyotes as I don't own any bolt guns setup for varmints.
In the near future I will but for now this is going to have to work.

Is the nf low velocity reticle recommended for the 223 round?

the 1.8x10x37 USO is a tank/heavy, the NF is 19 oz's. with no parallex adjustment to screw with if that matters to you, the ballistic reticle makes sense for fast shots which it does for dogs and the ZS can still let you dial up. ck out NF's website and their ballistic calculator for low, med and high speed reticles I bought 2

I have a USO 1.8-10x44 on my AR10 and can't imagine a better scope for the application.