• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What gun do you regret selling?

prairiefire

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 22, 2010
Nebraska
Earlier this spring I sold a customized remington 22-250. Sucker was a shooter easily out to 400-600 yards and very comfortable. Thought I needed something different and sold it to finance my other buy. Sellers remorse - i regret that parting of ways. Anyone else have a rifle or pistol you "should" have kept?

Re: What gun do you regret selling?

All of them....and none of them.

I've bought and sold more then most. I always think what an idiot I am as I'm boxing them up, but in the end they are only guns.

I guess I'd say my first real custom, Patriot Arms (APA) in 243, it was a hammer and well built rifle. I should have just shot the barrel out 5 times over, but instead I sold it...and then bought something else...and then sold that...and then...well you know.

If you sell it, then you didn't really want it in the first place. Regardless, it is inevitable that at one time or another you will regret selling each and every one of them. Guns are for buying, using, and keeping, not for selling.

Yeah, I agree with the posts above, I have sold a fair share of my rifles, when I regret it the most is when the next isn't exactly what I want, or when a shoot or hunting season comes around and I have a new rifle I am not used to. All this chasing the 'ultimate rifle'. Well that doesn't exist, only the ultimate shooter with a tool in his/her hands. I have sold some hammers just trying to find something better... All the while I learned I need to be the something better. Its just a tool, learn it and keep it.

DD

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of them....and none of them.

I've bought and sold more then most. I always think what an idiot I am as I'm boxing them up, but in the end they are only guns.

I guess I'd say my first real custom, Patriot Arms (APA) in 243, it was a hammer and well built rifle. I should have just shot the barrel out 5 times over, but instead I sold it...and then bought something else...and then sold that...and then...well you know.</div></div>
Jason,your weird.....btwy wana buy my trg?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Forwardeyes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All of them....and none of them.

I guess I'd say my first real custom, Patriot Arms (APA) in 243, it was a hammer and well built rifle. I should have just shot the barrel out 5 times over, but instead I sold it...and then bought something else...and then sold that...and then...well you know.</div></div>
Jason,your weird.....btwy wana buy my trg? </div></div>

Lmao

SIG AMT with factory issued 4X Scope & QD mount.

Yep, go ahead and say, "what an idiot".

And the damn thing was not only the most beautifully finished semi-auto military rifle you would ever see, but was accurate as hell, and supremely balanced.

And worst of all, the buyer blew it up with reloads.

The only weapon I have sold was a Mossberg 500. Since I have much better shotguns now, I don't much regret it.

However as a general rule I don't buy firearms I don't want. If I do want them, there is a reason and that reason isn't likely to change with the latest "fad".

I once traded an AR receiver, but it was because I needed one that was on our "approved" list and didn't have the cash to just buy a new one.

Wishin I still had this little fella in the closet

115.jpg

Bought and sold alot through the years and their is only 1 i wish i could have back and that was 1 that Dave built of D&L. It was a precision AR with all the goodies and a S&B scope. Unless i hit the lottery i won't spend that much green again on 1.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dan Tucker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless i hit the lottery i won't spend that much green again on 1. </div></div>

I would rather have one or two top notch, than a closet full of cheap ones.

FN FAL G series #1699 purchased new in box from Browning 1960 $200. sold in 1970 $2000. put $600 with it and bought a Toyota Land Crusier. A year ago I saw 2 of them with ser#. on each side go for $7500 each.

Really more than one plus these one Lahti 20 mm, Boys 55 mm but really bent about the 40 guns stolen

I sold a Ruger Blackhawk and a Marlin 1894 both in .357 Magnum. I still wish I had them.

My Springer 1911. Other then that, I don't sell too many guns. I have been close several times, but I think to my self, if I sell x and replace it with y, would I be better off? Or what do I have to gain if I sell x. Most, if not everytime, it's not much.

But I would have to say, if you buy good gear, it will be easier to sell. In my experience it is at least.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My single digit serial numbered windrunner.

IMG_2489.jpg
</div></div>

Dude! All your furniture and bedspread is desert camo ! That is dedicated & hardcore!!

That wasn't my doing. I have since got ridden of the furniture and the person that made me sell that rifle and bought that ugly furniture.

None. In fact I have come to realize I want to sell a couple more.

Good luck

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That wasn't my doing. I have since got ridden of the furniture and the person that made me sell that rifle and bought that ugly furniture. </div></div>

Just poking at 'cha.

Hoo-rah for you & thanks for your service.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My single digit serial numbered windrunner.

IMG_2489.jpg
</div></div>

Dude! All your furniture and bedspread is desert camo ! That is dedicated & hardcore!!
</div></div>

You need a better monitor. That ain't desert camo.
wink.gif

Savage Arms .270 with accu-trigger and bushnell scope.

Never missed what I was shooting at with this rifle.

New in the box with the "B" series flashlight and the flyer on not shooting off the passenger side rear view mirror when using it hanging one arm out the pursuit vehicle's window...oh yea, nothing like a mag 12 being supported by the crux of one arm! Hey, Crouch had a vision! "Crouch's goal was to create the ultimate entry shotgun for SWAT and tactical units." <span style="font-weight: bold">and that was in the 50's!</span>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_Standard_Model_10

None of them. I'm really not a "gun nut" so I only own a couple. The few firearms that I have (less than 5) I use for specific purposes or have kept for sentamental reasons. As soon as I get my new POF and put it through it's paces I will probably sell my R700. I cant see the sense in having two tools that do the exact same thing.

An M1D with all the correct accessories, papered from the CMP.

-Slice

I traded my Romy "G" AK-47 for my current 10FP and I would do it again, but I sure wish I could get another AK. Sure was a cool gun to own, especially when most non gun owners assume they are illegal.

cimg0968s.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as I get my new POF and put it through it's paces I will probably sell my R700. I cant see the sense in having two tools that do the exact same thing. </div></div>

From one bolt gunner to another, DON'T DO IT. You will miss it.

I have a blast with my AR10, but I would not trade off the bolt guns for more.

I regret selling this rifle:

REM700TACTICAL-1.jpg

I spent $1200 on the rifle; an additional $600 to have the action trued, the bbl set back and the bolt knob put on it. I sold the Leupold Mark 4 10x40mm LR/T M3 and Harris bipod with it. All for $2000 and I only put 400 rounds down the tube. At least I sold it to my brother who enjoys shooting it. I used the money to fund a Tac Ops rifle.

Jamie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I cant see the sense in having two tools that do the exact same thing. </div></div>

They don't.

Keep them both.

Good luck

Bushmaster AR15. 8 years ago. I panicked about money when my daughter was born, and sold it for diapers, and formula. In hindsight I coulda kept the piece, as the money situation was'nt really that bad.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess I'd say my first real custom, Patriot Arms (APA) in 243, it was a hammer and well built rifle. I should have just shot the barrel out 5 times over, but instead I sold it...and then bought something else...and then sold that...and then...well you know. </div></div>

I think we have regrets about the same rifle!
frown.gif

We will see if GGmanning makes the same mistake.

Trilogymac

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: trilogymac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I guess I'd say my first real custom, Patriot Arms (APA) in 243, it was a hammer and well built rifle. I should have just shot the barrel out 5 times over, but instead I sold it...and then bought something else...and then sold that...and then...well you know. </div></div>

I think we have regrets about the same rifle!
frown.gif

We will see if GGmanning makes the same mistake.

Trilogymac</div></div>

If he does....I'll be waiting
laugh.gif

Better be QUICKER than me on the draw.
Just gotta know when not to hesitate.
wink.gif

This is all I have left of the ol girl

2927338020048605402S425x425Q85.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DebosDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is my veritable 'one that got away':

2mq5klg.jpg
</div></div>

Wish that were my problem.....

HK 91 and a SPAS 12. I don't really know why I regret selling them, I have just always wanted them back!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Niles Coyote</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My first one...</div></div>

My last one.

When I got married, then a few years into my slavery, I sold An original Steyr AUG, HK 91A2, HK 93 A2 and A3, Benelli M90? shotgun, M1-A Bush, AR-15 SP1, Orginal Chicom AK, 2 beautiful Pythons, 5-6 different model K Frames. Italian M92F, a couple West German SIGs. I am in f***'n Kalifornia so I will never see another AW. Today,I wish I had never sold any of these F me!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sumpter Steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As soon as I get my new POF and put it through it's paces I will probably sell my R700. I cant see the sense in having two tools that do the exact same thing. </div></div>

From one bolt gunner to another, DON'T DO IT. You will miss it.

I have a blast with my AR10, but I would not trade off the bolt guns for more. </div></div>

Point taken. I do love the old 700 and it would seem wierd without a bolt gun around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chucky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My single digit serial numbered windrunner.

IMG_2489.jpg
</div></div>

</div></div>

You need a better monitor. That ain't desert camo.
wink.gif
</div></div>

Close enough for a joke though...

Yeah I screw the pooch on this one. Just got it and then sold it. I ended up with a profit of $3550 but still should not have sold it.

Its a Johnson 1941 Semi-Auto 30-06 with bayonet. Really clean and pretty rare.

If I would have know better I would have sold a different gun to get the money I needed for a build and a safe.

i4o2zp.jpg

Ive regretted selling alot of them but I try to always upgrade. Now here is the real question would you willfully sell some rifles to fund another firearm that is extremely rare and more than likely be your only opportunity to get it???...cuz this is the dilemma that I am facing right now... any words of wisdom??

I dont mean to hijack the thread but this exact question has been haunting me for a couple of days

70 series colt 1911.Had others but not as good.That pistol changed hands several times and I'm trying to buy it back,but owner will not sell.

The only firearm I really regret selling was a Ruger SC4. It was the flagship of my OM Ruger collection. But several yrs back some ASS stole my remington 7400 Carbine in 30-06. It was beat up, scratched up, dinged up, but it killed a dump truckload of deer for me in the last 20yrs. Couldn't have been worth anything to anybody but me but guess it was!