• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What gun is "Priceless" to you?

RicosRevenge

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 25, 2009
D/FW
Not really 100% rimfire related; but since TerrorInTheShadows made a comment in this section about a shotgun his father gave to him and how dear it was to him sentimentally - I thought it appropriate to keep this here.

What gun(s) do you own that are absolutely "priceless" to you and why?

#1 - a .32 Rimfire Octagon Falling Block that was given to me by my grandfather... it was his father's!!! The foreend stock is cracked because he trapped a raccon and didn't want to waste a shell - so he whacked it and broke the stock. Their is no manufacturer stamped anywhere but there is a date scribed as 1892.

#2 - a 16 ga Stevens SxS that was my Dad's. The gun I learned to shoot on. The first duck I killed I was 14 and "small" - accidently touched both triggers and broke my nose! LOL!

#3 - Smith & Wesson 12A - 12 ga pump gun. my Dad carried it in his squad car. I hunted deer with it since I was 16 and over the course of the 24 years I've owned it have killed 30+ deer and about the same # of pigs.

Re: What gun is "Priceless" to you?

I have gone through some lean times and have needed to make hard decisions about sacrificing firearms.

You get to a point where you have already sacrificed the ones that go easily, and some that don't as well.

When you finally find you can again add a firearm, you take a lot longer about making that choice; and I only do it with the understanding that I will no longer own a rifle I would part with easily.

So, my answer is, they all are now.

Greg

PS, For those days when the 'priceless' must also go, I keep a few spare rimfires around. They may not bring as much, but they'll move quickly.

6" Smith & Wesson Model 57 (No Dash), 41 magnum... 98% overall of the most beautiful blueing I've ever seen... My father gave it to me three years ago when I turned 18...

My dad's old, old Colt .32 hammerless pocket pistol. Still shoots good and is in good shape.

Growing up, my dad was always into westerns, so the first guns I was shooting (after a Savage .22) were things like 94 Winchesters & Single Action Colts. That is his big thing, the single action Colt. At some point about 15 years ago, he decided that he wanted to give each one of us 3 kids a single action. Why I don't really know, because my sister is a "bleeding-heart liberal" & my brother never really took much of an interest in guns. Since I was 3 (when I was given that Savage), it's been my dad & I on the weekends shooting guns... probably a lot like you. Sooooo...

When it came time to give out these guns, he wanted to do it so that no one got all butt hurt, so he thought that the oldest child should choose first (my sister), even though he already had it figured out how it was going to go. She picked the one that he told here was worth the most money, a new-in-box nickle plated factory engraved number. This gun has never been fired, hell, there's a zip tie through the cylinder which has never been turned! He gave my brother the remaining gun because he had already decided which one was mine:

A very early (I don't remember the exact date) second generation 5 1/2" single action. The action is so nice, and it is a pleasure to shoot.

I'd hate to see it come down to selling off guns, because I certainly have other guns that are more practical than that one. But I don't see myself ever getting rid of that old Colt.

I guess I'd have to go with my Grandfather's and my Dad's guns I own today. Everyone Grandpa owned had a purpose and a nickname...

The "bird (dove/quail) gun": L.C. Smith 16ga
The "duck gun": 12ga Mod.12 (long barrel, almost won't fit in the safe)
The "squirrel gun": Rem Mod. 34 .22 s/l/l.r.
and the "bad guy gun": 1917 S&W

The S&W was his sidearm in WWI and the first centerfire pistol I ever fired (about 7yo at the time and was scared to death...) I remember it looked huge but after the first round all I wanted to do was shoot it again.

Dad's Series 70 Colt and old Marlin lever gun will never leave either.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ggmanning</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dad's old, old Colt .32 hammerless pocket pistol. Still shoots good and is in good shape. </div></div>

My father has the exact same gun. He calls it his poker pistol, or vest gun.

I have a sig p228 That ive had since I was 21 That would be tough to part with.

the All Army pistol Champion Prize gun I won, A custom built by AMU Caspian 45

also the All Army Long Range Champion trophy rifle I won, a Secretary of the Army M1 Garand

Probably a Nambu brought back from Guadalcanal from a family friend goes in the group also

And lastly a M1A1 Paratrooper that's original and was jumped on D-Day eve

#1 My Winchester .308. My first rifle ever.

#2 My .17. The first rifle I ever actually took the time to modify and build.

got a rohm 22 revolver that was my great grandmothers. Thing isn't worth $25 bucks but is priceless to me.
other than that no hand me downs in my collection. They all have a price. Now the price on my glock 27 might be little high for what it is but it has a price.

#1 Stevens .410 bolt action shotgun. I inherited it from my grandfather when he past.

#2 Winchester 1890 pump action .22. My grandfather on the other side of the family gave it to me. It belonged to my great grandfather.

#3 Ruger 10/22. This was the very first rifle I owned. I learned to shoot with a friends 10/22.

For whoever hasn't read the other thread: (<--- I am just full of rhymes)

Shortly after my 10th birthday I showed my dad an interest in bird hunting. Since I had never handled a shotgun before we decided it was time for a refresher course on proper firearm handling and maybe some classes on shooting shotguns at clay pidgeons. Well, I allways had practiced proper firarm handling since I first touched and fired one (a 9mm Glock, which is now my least favorite caliber/gun combo in the world now ironically) so this part didn't worry me and I exceeded the instructor's expectations and was allowed to move on to some formal classes on shooting trap and skeet. We started off at the trap range and I was handed a 28" bbl 12Ga which obviously was too big for me. After watching an instruction video, a professional shooter, and listening to an hour lecture it seemed on how to score hits I finally went out and missed all but two shots which honestly were totally accidental. I felt embarrased and wanted to give up but my dad had payed quite a bit (at the time it was alot to me) for me to ge in so I kept on.

My instructor said to go again and gave me some hints and I missed only the very first shot. Instantly fell in love with how easy it was. The following week we returned for more trap lessons (you have to graduate trap before you're allowed on the skeet ranges) and I was up against several other youths competing for the best scores for bragging right of course. I took two sessions (out of five) that day and my supervisor said I need to move on to skeet. That's where it got fun! No longer were they flying from the same places at the same angles at the same speeds but now it varied. And I was bumped up an age class so I was shooting with teenagers now at age 10. I continued doing this weekly class/practice/competition for about three months and money got too tight so my dad explained to me that he had to withdraw me and he promised that no-matter what I could start back up sometime. I never held him to that promise but I knew he'd keep it.

Several months passed and it was christmas time but money was still kind of short so I wasn't expecting anything awsome at all but instead just looked foreward to spending quality time with my family as it should be. And wow was I suprised that year. The first thing I saw when I woke up that x-mas morning was a beautiful bicycle that i wanted and had drooled over every time we went to Walmart (yep, walmart bike. I know better now but it was a black and neon green Mongoose Rebel and I loved it) and there it was right in front of me. I thought that was the highlight of my morning untill every present was opened and my parents told me to stay still and wait for something special. I did as instructed and out came a long yet thin box. I had no idea what the hell it could possibly be, i'd never seen a rifle box before. But wow was I amazed when I opened it. There on my lap sat a beautiful Remington 11-87 Limited Production 20Ga shotgun with the most beautiful wood i'd ever seen up to that point. I spent the remainder of that morning crying and trying to give it back because I knew we needed the money and I wasn't in the program anymore. Of course they wouldn't take it back so I obviously thanked them without end for days upon days.

A few months following I was informed that I could get back into the classes I was in so we drove down and instead of enrolling back into it I decided I would rather go down on the weekends and shoot because I didn't have any time for classes after my school hours. We went down there for a while but quickly stopped because well quite frankly it got boreing without all the kids I was used to shooting with. I still shot it alot but more so at the Rio Salado range. That got boreing though too because it was just a simple trap range with nothing special going on.

A few years passed and I was invited to go on my first bird hunt. I accepted and brought my beloved 20Ga with me and babying it the whole time. Of course something had to go wrong and it did... We were walking along and the guy who took us out (happened to be a hand to hand combat instructor for the army and our awsome neighbor at the time) saw an old T.V. that had been dumped and we started shooting at it (almost no birds anyways so why not?). When we were done he aimed and took one last shot and the BB's somehow shot backwards and buried themselves into my hands, chest, and my shotgun's wooden forend. It felt lie my heart had been ripped out and pulverized but I didn't say anything. I pulld the BB's out and forgave him because I knew it wasn't intentional. So it's definatly not quite "mint" condition but It still looks beautiful. You can't even see where the BB's were unless you inspect the underside of the forend.

Soon after we went back to the old range to sign back up so I could complete my courses and hopefully graduate to sporting clays with the adults. (I was about four more perfect scores away from making it there) but sadly the range was closed. Upon further examination of the sign they were out of business as well and weren't going to re-open. Sad day and every time I drive by I still look to see any sign of re-opening but there is none...

Long story short, that gun will never leave my possesion. No matter what happens it will allways be mine and I cherish it over anything else I own. It was my first gun and a damn fine one at that. Plus, it was given to me by my best friend and favorite person in the world, my dad, whom I would die for at a seconds notice. Some day my kid(s) will learn off of it, just as I had, if they so choose to do so.

-Dylan

P.S. Damn sorry that was so long winded, I really don't mean to do that. I'm just a typing machine though, especially when the topic is one that i'm passionate about. Keep in mind, this was the 'shortened' version...

No gun is priceless unless it has sentimental value. Otherwise it is a tool to be used and disposed of as necessary. Really there are much better things to get attached to like woman.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tactical_Tom</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No gun is priceless unless it has sentimental value. Otherwise it is a tool to be used and disposed of as necessary. Really there are much better things to get attached to like woman.</div></div>

is not sentimental value and priceless the same? ponder that my padowans...........

i've got a shooters grade luger, i've never seen another with the markings this one has, it came from a police school in germany in 1914.perfect straw and blued finish also my browning blr my dad gave me.

This is the 1 i love the most...now. A year from now--who knows. It's amazing to me the sentimental value guns have to guys. I'll never forget this guy i knew once in FL. We asked him to show us his guns and before he opened his gun safe he had to put on his "safari" hat. He did it unconsciously actually. Seemed odd to me. Anywho--Sav. Super Striker 22-250/75 A-Max coyote rig. plain Jane McGowen 8-twist barrel, but man it shoots. 1st shots at 325, 400 and 525--

IMG_1023.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastbs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">got a rohm 22 revolver that was my great grandmothers. Thing isn't worth $25 bucks but is priceless to me.
</div></div>
i got the same one, not too bad of a pistol at all.

i have 2 "priceless" ones - both on either side of the caliber spectrum.

1. my .22 ruger bearcat "the original" run, has all the different grips - stag, pearl, wood. was the gun i first shot and learned with when i was 6 years old (30+ years ago looking back now i guess i'm getting old) and i hope to teach my daughter with it this summer.

2. S&W model 29 .44mag - the original dirty harry pistol purchased a week after the movie came out. my pappy used it for his protection gun till the day he died in 2000, and i fire a cylinder off every death anniversary as i did at the funeral.

i remember putting him in the ground, having his buddy open the presentation case it came in, saying "well, i hope this makes your day". CCR's "long as i can see the light" was playing, took my 6 shots, ejected them into the hole, then had my last shot of crown royal with him.

he was "da man" - i remember too in a deptment store, a few yuppies where talking about the "class of people" that carry concealed, and asked him his opinion. little did they know he was in that "class of people", his answer was "if anything it'll scare the shit out anyone that may trying to cause you grief". they said "i doubt it..." so he whipped out the .44 mag from under his jacket right there in the middle of the aisle and said "you look scared, now stop causing me grief".

i'll never forget that particular shade of white they had turned.....

***that pistol is non negotiable at any price***

Thanks for the stories guys. I don't own any priceless guns, I wish I did though
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we were done he aimed and took one last shot and the BB's somehow shot backwards and buried themselves into my hands, chest, and my shotgun's wooden forend. It felt lie my heart had been ripped out and pulverized but I didn't say anything. I pulld the BB's out and forgave him because I knew it wasn't intentional. </div></div>

WOW!

I have my Grandfathers Stevens .22 rifle that he bought when he was a boy growing up in South Dakota . It probably has a million or more rounds through it . I had to have an extractor hand built for it when the original broke and I had a round get stuck in the barrel and torched off a second round not knowing there was a bullet stuck in it so I had to shorten the barrel behind the ensuing bulge . I then had it refinished in Duracoat and kept on shooting it . I break it out of the safe and shoot it every once in a while and while it won't break any accuracy records in its lifetime it always brings a smile to my face remembering all the good times I had shooting it with my Grandfather and my Dad .

My dad bought me a West German Sig 220 when I was in third or fourth grade. It was the first center-fire gun I ever shot, and still shoot it today. I will never sell it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When we were done he aimed and took one last shot and the BB's somehow shot backwards and buried themselves into my hands, chest, and my shotgun's wooden forend. It felt like my heart had been ripped out and pulverized but I didn't say anything. I pulld the BB's out and forgave him because I knew it wasn't intentional. </div></div>

WOW!</div></div> True story
smile.gif
Got the scars to prove it actually, a dad who witnessed it too, and obviously the gun still has the marks as well. The way i see it though, one memory I'll never forget and it occured with that very gun.
laugh.gif

I actually remember the day after that hunting trip, showing up to school with some nice looking scabs on my hand and telling friends I had been shot with birdshot (which sounds kinda weak if you don't know what that really is or if you've never seen what it can do to flesh at close range) and explaining what happened. Keep in mind the T.V. was about 15 feet away and I was only about four feet farther away from the shooter if memory serves me correctly. Yeah, I been shot via shotgun, no big deal
wink.gif

My first handgun, and my first rifle(which was my VERY first gun!)

Handgun - for my 21st Birtday, my dad bough me a S&W 586 6". That thing can shoot the eye off a friggin' mosquito at 25 yards. Problem is, it usually kills the skeeter!
wink.gif

Rifle - A Stevens 87T w/ peep sights. My dad bought it new when he was 15. He went into military, and gave it to his brother-in-law. When I graduated from Hunters Safety at 14, I was of course anxious to get out and shoot. We went to my uncle's house(he had that Stevens all that time!) in LaCrosse(WI) and I fired that Stevens .22. After we were done shooting for the day, my uncle gives me the rifle. I have *NEVER* thought of letting that go! 24" barrel, and shoots all as good as the 586 above. BUT. .. skeeters still never to be found. hehehe.

Neat thread! Kind of humbling to read the stories and see what people will retain.

-G45

Priceless gun to me? My dad's dad's dad's Marlin 1897, .22 cal, octagonal barrel, purchased in the early 1900's. That rifle will drive tacks and will never leave the family.

My sig p220 would be hard to let go, but thats because its the first handgun I bought, and its my Osprey suppressor host

every gun my grandfather gave me (mauser k98, old single shot shotgun and a marlin 22lr)

To me, my very first rimfire Marlin Model 60 I got when I was a kid from my dad is priceless to me. Not a fancy or expensive piece thats for sure. Very basic wood stock, blued finish, tube feed, with a 3-9 on top. It hasn't seen daylight much at all in in the past years but it is a keeper.

There are some other / older guns tucked away from my dad and grandfathers but the little Marlin will always be priceless to me.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mattj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Grandpa's 1911:

DSC_3912.jpg
</div></div>

That's really cool. I don't know anything about old 1911's, but I find this really interesting since the frame is blued and the slide is parkerized. So was it the many years of being fired that turned the front end of the slide black? I know my 1911 gets carboned up to about that point. Kinda strange that yours has a distinct line.

Any gun that was given to me by my dad also. One in particular. Monetary value is less than $100, but if my house were burning, it's the first I'd grab. It is a copy of the old Colt detective I think. It originally was issued to the Sheriff in the county where my dad's family lived according to the story passed down with it. When the Sheriff retired it was presented to him as a gift, which apparently was common back then. He played poker with my great grandfather and gave it to him one night(probably both drunk, LOL). He carried it in his boot while trout fishing for years until he gave it to his son-in-law(my grandfather). He kept it in a cigar box for years and denied owning it until my dad asked about it and he gave it to him. When my dad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, he asked my brother and I to pick one of his possesions and it would be ours to have so that he could see us enjoy it his remaining days. I chose this pistol, which dad had placed in a Walnut shadow box with my great grandfathers name and birth/death dates etched in the glass on the lid. Inside is one of his old pocket knives and one of the original boxes of Peters Rustless 38 spcl ammo to go with it. It hasn't been fired the last two generations and will likely belong to my niece some day as she is the last in our family line.
OLD38.jpg

Mine first priceless gun is a J. C. Higgins single shot, manual cocking .22 that my father bought me when I was 12 years old. The trigger is now so light that it is almost unsafe to shoot but I still shoot it anyway.

My second is a CBC 12-ga single shot that I bought from the local K-mart 30 some years ago to back up my Rem 1100 trap gun. I gave the 1100 to my nephew but still have the CBC.

1947 Marlin 36 in 30-30 lever action. Beautiful and never quits.

None of them for me - I even sold my S&W 629 a couple of years ago. At my age the kick just made the arthritis in my hands act up. I was not afraid of the recoil - just got to be painful the next day after shooting it. So I sold it. I loved that revolver when I was younger. But I don't have a story like TP's on to give me that level of attachment to any gun. My attachment is to Jack Black and tequila shots. Just the way my grandfather taught me - we did shots at my grandfathers funeral. In fact, I just did a shot last night in memory of the old guy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TOP PREDATOR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
fastbs said:
2. S&W model 29 .44mag - the original dirty harry pistol purchased a week after the movie came out. my pappy used it for his protection gun till the day he died in 2000, and i fire a cylinder off every death anniversary as i did at the funeral.

i remember putting him in the ground, having his buddy open the presentation case it came in, saying "well, i hope this makes your day". CCR's "long as i can see the light" was playing, took my 6 shots, ejected them into the hole, then had my last shot of crown royal with him.

he was "da man" - i remember too in a deptment store, a few yuppies where talking about the "class of people" that carry concealed, and asked him his opinion. little did they know he was in that "class of people", his answer was "if anything it'll scare the shit out anyone that may trying to cause you grief". they said "i doubt it..." so he whipped out the .44 mag from under his jacket right there in the middle of the aisle and said "you look scared, now stop causing me grief".

i'll never forget that particular shade of white they had turned.....

***that pistol is non negotiable at any price***
</div></div>

The gun tht meant the most to me was my dads Colt 1911 he bought in 1968 for 90 bucks. It was to be passed to me when he leaves this world. Some son of a bitch stole it from him about five years ago. No matter how much something means to you, there is some prick out there that will make it thiers if you turn your back.

In about 1957 my parents and I returned to Mass. to visit family. In the east coast tradition, all adult shirt tail relations were addressed as Aunt or Uncle. We were at my Aunt Billie's and Uncle Tom's one evening and Tom brought out an L.C. Smith, 16ga., featherweight in pristine condition and presented it to me. I was aghast, not because I wasn't excited about the gun, but because I didn't think my parents would allow me to accept it. These were very conservative people and a gift of this magnitude was generally not allowed. So, I immediately looked to my father who was silent for a moment and then said "Well, what do you have to say to your Uncle?" I was in.

I broke my first clays and killed my first game with this gun. In the early '70s, after getting back from overseas and leaving the military, I took an extended trip to the Yukon Territory and Alaska. The Smith went with me and was virtually destoyed. By 1980 I was married with a family, a successful career and lots of guns. That year was also the recession that is now referred to when they talk about the worst unemployment since 1980. I kept my house, my family, the Smith, a Python and a .300WM. My businesses, my savings and all the other guns were gone.

As the world returned to normal in the '80s I developed an interest in old SxSs and had the Smith returned to shootable condition. Over the years I bought numerous books, tools and guns to feed the new obsession. Now I had a safe full of quality doubles from around the world but the Smith still killed the first bird over every one of my dogs and was the the go-to gun for every opening day.

If you thought this was over, it's not. In the early 90's my wife and I bought a piece of land to develop as a farm. Our house was for sale but didn't sell so we needed cash for the farm. All of the guns went again with exception of a couple,
one of which was the Smith.

By this time I realized what an extroardinary influence the Smith had on my life. Tom was long passed but I had stayed in touch with Billie. I called her and explained the importance of that gift to a twelve year old.

So now I'm retired, if taking care of this place could be called retirement. There are two labs drying off in the mud room and there's a safe full of guns again. I won't bother you with ther story of how the Smith got me into precision rifles.

#1 a model 61 winchester 22 #2 a savage/fox model B 410s/s a birthday present when I turned 12 28 years ago, #3 an early model 20 guage wingmaster all from my dad and all still being used.

My first rifle (.22 remington field master), which was given to me by my grandfather when I became an eagle scout.

IMG_0119.jpg

All matching numbers WWII bringback. Nazi K43 made in '45 and captured on a train in Czech republic late in the war. My Uncle's Father In Law brought it home in a duffel bag when his peacekeeping rotation ended post-war. Still had/has the spare parts in the buttstock. Only thing missing is the cleaning rod.

DSCN1056.jpg

1903a3 that came all setup as is (except the stock, which was not original to an a4 either). Must have been in the back of someones closet since the 50's... even the mount is correct vintage (beveled rear edge). It has everything except the offset "Z" serial number. I know it didn't start life as an a4, but it's been one for longer than i've been alive, and that's good enough for me. I sold the wood and have a new C stock in my closet that i'll get around to one of these days.

I was not blessed with any hand me downs, most of the firearms in the safe are used.
But one is favorite. It's a remington limited classic from 1988
35 whelen.
Loaded with 225 gr seirra spitzer boattails at 2500 I would feel safe walking in T-rex land.
Loaded with home cast lead 200 grain round nose at 1350 I take it out sniping ground squirrels.
I first read about 35 whelen in a reloading manual in the spring of 1974, since then always wanted one.
When remington announced they were standardizing the cartridge and making their classic of the year it caused salivatation.
As soon as the local gun store got three of the rifles in, I arrived, (had spys) picked the one with the srtaighest grain through the wrist and put it on layaway.
It took two years to pay it off. I had a young family and a wife in college while I worked pulling boards on a green chain.
I picked up junk and sold it to the salvage yard to make one payment. For many months I had no reloading componets and could not shoot to purchase that rifle.
No telling how many AR barrels i'm going to use up. Or how many times my long range rifle will change calibers/barrels.
The ole 35 is still favored and may not wear out in my lifetime now that I just shoot cast bullets through it.
Hunting load? 210 grain flat point at 1950. It makes em dead!
and really sweet to shoot, the recoil best described as firm push, so unlike the sharp kick of 7mm mag.

You sir are a GREAT story teller. I hope I am not the first to encourage you to write more. The world will be better for it.
As for me I don't have any pricless guns and great stories to go with them-but Lord willing my son will.

The one gun I have that is priceless is an H&R model 265 Targeteer that was given to me by my grandfather when I was 15. It was my father's prior to that, but he left it behind when he joined the Marine Corps. My grandfather gave it to me when we were visiting during summer vacation. I carried that rifle all over the mountains of Montana, I killed more grouse and squirrels than I could count with it. When my son turns 15 in two years I will give it to him.

The second gun I have that is nearly priceless (and a distant second to the H&R) is a Remington Sendero .300 Win Mag given to me by my father years ago. It is one of the first Senderos made with a black finish and fluted barrel. It's topped off with a Leupold MK4 4.5-14 mildot scope and it's one of the most accurate centerfire rifles I own. I hunt with it every year and have used it to kill deer, elk, antelope, prairie dogs, wild bore, coyotes, and a few ground suirrels.

Remington 581. Christmas 1967, first "real" gun.
Thanks Dad, RIP.

-Ed

I found a Navy M1 Garand Mk 2 Mod 1 Grade A match rifle at an estate sale in San Diego. It happened to be built by Don McCoy back when he was building M1 match rifles for the Navy. I own 2 other of Mac's rifles, which I also deem priceless, but they were built when I first started NRA highpower shooting in 2000. Mac is a neighbor of mine which makes it all more interesting.

I have a few. One is my gramps' Union Switch and Signal 1911, another is the Lightweight Commander he carried while serving. And every other one that was given to me.

I guess that I have to include the Stevens SXS that my other grampa gave me. He passed last year and it was the only one I ended up with, and that was only because he gave it to me a few years back. He had a safe full of guns that was emptied within a day or two of his passing. F'n greedy family members only wanted them because they were worth $$$, they were all sold before I knew anything about it. They sure ment alot more then that to some of us, that he taught to shoot with them.

Owned lots of different firearms over the years. Pretty much settled noe but the last one I'd part with is my Axtell 'English' Sharps.

The fit and feeling of wood and the fact that it shoots makes it a pleasure to use on the range;

Sharps771.jpg

JilliansPictures013.jpg

Terry aka 'English'
smile.gif