• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s What guns have you purchased due to a movie, TV show or other

hermosabeach

Invite new Gun owners to the range in 2021
Minuteman
I will admit that I felt the need to pick up a 1911 after watching Magnum PI as a kid

My cousins picked up Model 29s with the 8 3/8” barrel after Dirty Harry.

So have you watched a movie, TV show, Hickok 45 video and then picked up a gun because of that??? What show- what gun?

Reactions: fx77
I allways wanted an M1A after watching FMJ but latter passed after shooting one since I liked the AR platform more.
Same goes for the PSG1 I saw in a couple of movies when I was younger only that was a price barrier not due to liking something else more.

Screenshot_20160522-195123.png

I wouldn't say pop culture or TV makes me want to buy one but how often can you find a gun with your name?

If any one has one to part with, PM me!

Reactions: hermosabeach
I grew up with the Sean Connery James Bond. I finally bought a PPK about 15 years ago. The guys I bought it from always have tables at the local gun shows, and still call me "The Double Naught Spy" whenever they see me.

always wanted a HK 91 (countless movies form the 80's), didnt have the money back then and now its a disaster living in NY

wanted a M1C/D with the prong flash suppressor
had on order but that is a long story...never got it

Reactions: hermosabeach
I was 16 when Serpico came out so the Browning Hi Power 9mm was the first gun I purchased and then Dirty Harry's Model 29 ,44 mag . Actually all of Clint Eastwoods westerns had interesting pistols and rifles that I won't mind having.

Keltec KSG, John Wick

I bought a KSG when they were first released for stupid money because I wasn't sure if it would be banned in CO due to the 14 round built in "magazine". Turns out they're still legal here somehow. I assume it's because the tubes are not detachable magazines. I've had it for approx. 7 years and have never fired it. ?

I bought a KSG when they were first released for stupid money because I wasn't sure if it would be banned in CO due to the 14 round built in "magazine". Turns out they're still legal here somehow. I assume it's because the tubes are not detachable magazines. I've had it for approx. 7 years and have never fired it. ?
You don't know what you're missing. I thought they we a bit of a gimmick at first, but run through a multi target stage with one and i gaurantee you will be grinning from ear to ear. Not super practical but fun as hell.

I ordered online drunk while I was in Florida delivery California just to see if I could! It is fun to fire kicks like a motherfuker!

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
The movie Wind River made me buy a Marlin 1895 SBL .45-70. I knew it wasn't as powerful as the movie portrayed...until I got it. When sighting it in the first shot went through my paper target, hit the berm behind it and made a shortcut through the mountain to my neighbor's place.

20181110_071946.jpg
Capture.JPG

The movie Wind River made me buy a Marlin 1895 SBL .45-70. I knew it wasn't as powerful as the movie portrayed...until I got it. When sighting it in the first shot went through my paper target, hit the berm behind it and made a shortcut through the mountain to my neighbor's place.

View attachment 7123242View attachment 7123249

I have a couple Rossi 92s due to Westerns. One is .44 mag and I can only take about 4-5 rounds before I get recoil anticipation and a sore shoulder. So I went out and got a .357 version and can shoot it all day. ?

Attachments

• 1416331739.jpg
    1416331739.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 24
  • rossi-r92-lever-action-carbine-lever-action-rifle-1477936-1.jpg
    rossi-r92-lever-action-carbine-lever-action-rifle-1477936-1.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 33
I have a couple Rossi 92s due to Westerns. One is .44 mag and I can only take about 4-5 rounds before I get recoil anticipation and a sore shoulder. So I went out and got a .357 version and can shoot it all day. ?
I’m sure a few folks picked up lever guns after all the fun hickcock45 shows with them

Sure it helped skinner sights with sales too.

I was into building FAL's before I saw "Wild Geese", but still watch this movie from time to time. My latest build:
IMG_1342_zpsfse819wm.jpg

ETA: Has anyone noticed the irony in this pic? I have here a paratrooper model with a folding buttstock. This is an Inch FAL with a folder, and the Commonwealth countries NEVER had such a model, only the metric FAL had a folding buttstock. :)

Last edited:

View attachment 7123242View attachment 7123249

Nice Busse in the fence holding it up too. Love my TGs.

Thought the Sharps were a cute overrated idea until I rang baby buffalo sized steel at a Grand with one after a match and then I was in love.

.....and the Gargoyles, great lenses. Wore them for years, and they saved the vision of 2 friends in separate incidents.

Was 17? When Rambo “First Blood” came out. Wanted a jimmy Lile Rambo knife but coodnt swing the $550. Would still like to have one

Reactions: Snipe260
After watching “Attack Force Z” as a kid, I wanted a suppressed M3 grease gun. I’ve shot a lot of cool ass guns over the years. Everything from novelty pistols, to crew served weapons to rocket launchers. I’ve never had the opportunity to shoot an M3 grease gun & it’s still at the top of my list.