• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened to Leupold Mark 4 H32?

Supersum1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 13, 2018
NE
As the title says, what happened to this spotting scope? I've done some looking and can't find any left. New, PX, EBay, nobody has them in-stock new or used. Leupold obviously discontinued production, but why? Seems like a great reticle for a spotting scope to call corrections and I'm not a fan of the mil-dot or TMR as they seem really coarse.

Reactions: Lite
A bit yeah. But with that you have to get/make a mount or bracket to invert the spotter, which tend to be pretty spendy. Or get a stand that allows you to invert it. Did some research and tossing the idea around in my head about getting it anyway.

But with this thread, I guess I'm really just asking why Leupold stopped production. Were they not popular or did they lose a contract for the reticle? Why stop production of what seems (on the Hide at least) to be a popular reticled spotting scope?

Reactions: Dwillis496
Did you ever figure out why Leupold discontinued the h-32 in the MK4?

I'd like to know as well. It seems like a great solution since it covers less of the view than other reticles.

If anyone owns one or has looked through one is there any drawback that's not obvious to a guy who's never looked through one?

I purchased one from Natchez, NOS from Leupold. Very nice optic. I personally like the inverted H32 reticle. I've played with the reticle some and it is very accurate compared to a Leica rangefinder. Hash marks are precise in the grid and being in the lower quadrant give an open view to glass. Of course you could choose to not invert and use the reticle in the top orientation and it works the same ( except the grid numbers are inverted). As far as tripod inverting, I made a simple aluminum bracket similar to the Ashbury TIM-17 for my Manfrotto , and it works great.