• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What happened to Premeir Reticles?

MyM40A2

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2011
Pasadena CA
www.csvca.com
I am running a Premier Retcicles Leopold Vari X III 6.5x20 Mil Dot Long Range M1 scope on my 308. I have been out of shooting for about 5 or 6 years and went searching on the internet for them. And apparently they are no longer in existence as I knew them. I heard owner Dick died. He was the one that sold me my scope.

Anyone know what happened to them?

Re: What happened to Premeir Reticles?

Ummmm, apparently you've been living under a huge rock somewhere Dude. Google Premier Heritage for exciting new (umm, old actually) developments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ummmm, apparently you've been living under a huge rock somewhere Dude. Google Premier Heritage for exciting new (umm, old actually) developments.

41 </div></div>

Like I said, I have been out of shooting for 5-6 years. Hell, maybe it's been more then that. The Leopold scope I have that they set up has been nothing but flawless!

But if you sell it cheaper then they want ? Just might be subjected to "water boarding"

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running a Premier Retcicles Leopold Vari X III 6.5x20 Mil Dot Long Range M1 scope on my 308. I have been out of shooting for about 5 or 6 years and went searching on the internet for them. And apparently they are no longer in existence as I knew them. I heard owner Dick died. He was the one that sold me my scope.

Anyone know what happened to them? </div></div>

You are the Snipers' Hide Tom Hanks in 'Castaway'. Welcome back.

http://www.premierreticles.com/

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But if you sell it cheaper then they want ? Just might be subjected to "water boarding" </div></div>

Great, revived from the dead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Iron Worker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But if you sell it cheaper then they want ? Just might be subjected to "water boarding" </div></div>Geez man get over it!!

Premier is not even close to worst when it comes to MAP. Happen to own any NightForce? Even if you dont I dont see anyone bad mouthing them and they have a reputation for treating there dealers like crap and for having the most strict MAP ploicy in the industry. If you really want to understand this better you should read CS tacticals blog on this whole subject.

CS Tactical blog

Wow, what the hell did I miss?

I had a great experience with Premier Reticle and Own an amazing scope form them. Apparently things have changed but when I dealt with him he had great customer service.

It looks like I have some research and reading to do on the subject.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Scholl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running a Premier Retcicles Leopold Vari X III 6.5x20 Mil Dot Long Range M1 scope on my 308. I have been out of shooting for about 5 or 6 years and went searching on the internet for them. And apparently they are no longer in existence as I knew them. I heard owner Dick died. He was the one that sold me my scope.

http://www.premierreticles.com/ </div></div>

LOL

Thanks, it has been awhile. Hopefully this place will be the place to get answers to long range shooting questions and gear selection that I remembered it to be.

What seems to be the pecking order in scopes nowadays? Before it was US Optics, Leopoled, Ziess, and Schmidtt and Bender at the top.

it seems that NIghtforce is up near or at the top. I have never heard of them until about a week ago.

Who is considered the best right now?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What seems to be the pecking order in scopes nowadays? Before it was US Optics, Leopoled, Ziess, and Schmidtt and Bender at the top.

it seems that NIghtforce is up near or at the top. I have never heard of them until about a week ago.

Who is considered the best right now? </div></div>

NF is not even close to the top.

SB and Hennies are top.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hopefully this place will be the place to get answers to long range shooting questions and gear selection that I remembered it to be. </div></div>
If answers is what you seek (and I mean the truth, not just what some idiot at the local gun shop is spewing), then yes sir, this continues to be the place.

By the way, what is an M40A2?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr Scholl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am running a Premier Retcicles Leopold Vari X III 6.5x20 Mil Dot Long Range M1 scope on my 308. I have been out of shooting for about 5 or 6 years and went searching on the internet for them. And apparently they are no longer in existence as I knew them. I heard owner Dick died. He was the one that sold me my scope.

http://www.premierreticles.com/ </div></div>

HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!

give $300 bucks for that leupold

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: J-Ham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
By the way, what is an M40A2?</div></div>
A rifle that never fully came to be. Prototypes were built and designated using the A2 stock, but the project then morphed to the M40A3 with adjustments being made to the design.

TBA builds one though.

Ah, gotcha... thanks for the history lesson. I saw it on TBA's website, but knowing that it never saw any military service (possibly some testing?), I wondered what the deal was.

I thought tba developed a a2 in hopes of getting a contract with the Corps. The Corps just rolled over to the a3 model so no concussion will be had.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What seems to be the pecking order in scopes nowadays? Before it was US Optics, Leopoled, Ziess, and Schmidtt and Bender at the top.

SB and Hennies are top. </div></div>

Really? I world put them into the top five! Back to the original post, welcome and would say that Premeir is a great company to deal with. As is S&B USO and NF.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Who is considered the best right now?</div></div>

I LOL'd at this.

First, you've never heard of NF until about a week ago? I guess you haven't been shooting LR very long?

Second, who the "best is right now" is the same "who the best is" ever. S&B and Hensoldt have been the best forever. USO and NF are the next tier down with Vortex being thrown in for good measure. (I haven't owned a Vortex so I wont comment on them)

The tier below that would be Leupold, IOR, and other scopes with known issues.

Yes, I intentionally omitted PH's own scopes as they have a history of their own problems despite all the "mine has never had a problem" shooters out there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MyM40A2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What seems to be the pecking order in scopes nowadays? Before it was US Optics, Leopoled, Ziess, and Schmidtt and Bender at the top.

I have to disagree with you on that one.

S&B and Hensolds are considered, at this time to be the end all be all top dogs in optics right now, but to say NF isn't even close is a bit much.

NFs and USOs IMO are still reguarded as the toughest scopes made, which in my book accounts for alot.

Great glass is nice and all but I'd take durability over amazing glass anyday of the week.

Not to say that S&Bs and Hensolds aren't tough, their used by U.S. and German military so they have to be tough but they are alot more expensive too.

I'm just saying don't bash on the non german glassed scopes just cause you can't see the sweat on a man's face at a mile away with them.

Their are alot of good scope makers out their right now, you no longer have to spend a small fortune to own a nice piece of glass.

Everyone has their personal preferance on what they like best or consider to be the best and everyone's opinions differ.

IMO there is no clear cut "best" in the scope market just several great manufactures to choose from, depending on what options you want one builder might be more suited than another for a perticular rifle.

Iron Worker said:
But if you sell it cheaper then they want ? Just might be subjected to "water boarding" [/quote

You got that right thats why several people wont buy them F them

LMAO.......I love RETARDED statements like this