• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened to the Left Handed PX section? Found it!

goneballistic

Village Idiot
Minuteman
Jul 17, 2007
Utah
I went to my favorite bookmarked link this morning, PX Left Handed Sales and got a "link not found"

And now I see for sale, but no left handed specific section.

that is a HUGE loss, those of us who were born shooting left hand face enough persecution in school desks, scissors, gun manufacturing.

Is there any chance that comes back anytime? Cause it's a huge pain to sort through the hundreds of righty posts just to find stuff that fits us.

Read the link posted at the very top in the big "Site Changes Coming Monday!" box.

Then click "Forums" at the top, scroll down to Post Exchange, click the subforum titled "Buy - Sell - Trade", and use the prefix filter at the top of that page to find your left-handed stuff.

This is the new reality. Not really sure how it's actually better, but here we are.

Edit: Seems the changes are still ongoing and not complete yet. So not "the new reality" but more like "Construction Area: hard hat must be worn at all times."

Last edited:
I went to my favorite bookmarked link this morning, PX Left Handed Sales and got a "link not found"

And now I see for sale, but no left handed specific section.

that is a HUGE loss, those of us who were born shooting left hand face enough persecution in school desks, scissors, gun manufacturing.

Is there any chance that comes back anytime? Cause it's a huge pain to sort through the hundreds of righty posts just to find stuff that fits us.

Here you go. You're welcome

Reactions: goneballistic
1. the change is not complete it is being done incrementally as it takes time to move this much data.

The entire PX is going keyword, so there will be NO PX Section broken down like before, already explained this in triplicate.

I said I am not gonna play this game, make posts and second guess me before I am finished and you'll be gone before the digital ink dries,

I have no patience for idiots and their stupidity, don't like it, leave, don't waste our time with your forum suicide post, Just fucking have the balls to log out and never fucking come back, show me how bad ass you really are, take some personal responsibility and walk away without a stage show.

Read the link posted at the very top in the big "Site Changes Coming Monday!" box.

Then click "Forums" at the top, scroll down to Post Exchange, click the subforum titled "Buy - Sell - Trade", and use the prefix filter at the top of that page to find your left-handed stuff.

This is the new reality. Not really sure how it's actually better, but here we are.

ah, that's super helpful.

Oh I get it, I've done website migrations before. It's a huge PITA. I just missed the change. Looks there's a way to filter by left handed sales (or whatever keyword works)

Also smart to do it in stages so if you run into issues, you can stop or back out. Too many sites just full launch with all changes and it bites them. So that makes sense. I just didn't understand the functional change from separated buckets to keyword or tags.

in some ways it'll be easier to find stuff, and the forums list is cleaner looking as well, which is awesome. I just didn't understand it was being cut over to the keyword method. I'm happy that there's still a way to do it, I was scared it was just gone or somehow got hidden behind a feature flag or in commented out code. Which I've done before as well....

1. the change is not complete it is being done incrementally as it takes time to most this much data.

The entire PX is going keyword, so there will be NO PX Section broken down like before, already explained this in triplicate.

I said I am not gonna play this game, make posts and second guess me before I am finished and you'll be gone before the digital ink dries,

I have no patience for idiots and their stupidity, don't like it, leave, don't waste our time with your forum suicide post, Just fucking have the balls to log out and never fucking come back, show me how bad ass you really are, take some personal responsibility and walk away without a stage show.

Click on the filters to the right. Then prefix and choose what you’re looking for. We shall see how this shakes out after a few days.

6 bans 3 locks and 2 retreads coming back to piss and moan.

To be fair, I can understand OP's confusion. I know site changes were being made this year but thought they were already done. I tend to stay out of the Lowlight Directives subforum unless I think there's something weird going on that needs to be mentioned. And I get my fill of conspiracy theories from Reddit so I tend to stay out of The Bear Pit here too.

If I hadn't seen the big box at the top mentioning site changes and read the linked thread first, I'd be confused about what's going on too. And at least Frank mentioned here that it's still ongoing, even if he's pissed about people asking about it. Some admins and mods would just straight up ban people for questioning what's going on without even saying anything.

I actually sorta like it, it feels like at some point they might do stacking filters which would be pretty sweet too. I like tags and filters in general to find stuff. can be really powerful.

Reactions: alwaywatchyoursix
I actually sorta like it, it feels like at some point they might do stacking filters which would be pretty sweet too. I like tags and filters in general to find stuff. can be really powerful.
Agree. Tags and filters can be very helpful, if used correctly. My biggest concern would be whether people will tag/label their stuff correctly or not. What I don't want to see is yet another forum where anything in brackets is treated like a label and people start labelling their posts with random stuff to try and grab attention (looking at you, Craigslist & Calguns).

Fortunately, it's way too early to make any judgement calls about that yet. You can tell by the subforums in the PX still being separate that the migration isn't close to done, and I'm sure there will be some level of adjustments possible even after it is.