• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What happened with my Kestrel?

Rolltide

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 14, 2003
East Tennessee
www.rimfiretactical.com
Recently, I went to shoot a rimfire PRS match and followed the same process I normally do. I took the match sheet and started pulling dope from my Kestrel.

For reference, it's a 5700 Elite with AB and Link.

On one of the stages, there was a target at 261. When I started changing the distance on the Kestrel, everything was fine until I got to 213 yards. At 212 yards, my dope was accurate at 7.6 Mils. At 213, it shows 32.3 Mils.

I've tried everything to get this corrected, but it will not change. I've used the Kestrel with this Vudoo several times and made no changes to the file.

Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Is the best move to simply delete the rifle completely and start over?

Using DSF and have something funky set by accident?

ETA:
If you aren't using a PIN and Bluetooth was enabled it's possible someone else accidentally altered your settings.

Just curious, if you set range to 212 then view the ballistics menu, what is it saying your remaining velocity is? Then see what remaining velocity at 213 says.

Recently, I went to shoot a rimfire PRS match and followed the same process I normally do. I took the match sheet and started pulling dope from my Kestrel.

For reference, it's a 5700 Elite with AB and Link.

On one of the stages, there was a target at 261. When I started changing the distance on the Kestrel, everything was fine until I got to 213 yards. At 212 yards, my dope was accurate at 7.6 Mils. At 213, it shows 32.3 Mils.

I've tried everything to get this corrected, but it will not change. I've used the Kestrel with this Vudoo several times and made no changes to the file.

Any idea what I can do to fix it?

Is the best move to simply delete the rifle completely and start over?
Try to create a new gun profile using the AB library data and see if the error occurs in that profile. This type of result often indicates a gun profile gone bad for unknown reasons.