• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What have you done different

The dishes, laundry, homeschooling kids. that's different.

Enjoying time off. Bought some extra supplies. Actually catching up on my Home "to do" list and processing these buckets of brass that have been piling up.

Oh and spending more money than usual.

It's just like an extended weekend for me.

-Working on my own truck instead of everyone else's.
-My dogs know who I am.
-The kitchen remodel is ahead of schedule.. well at least my schedule. Months behind if you ask the wife.
-Working out more
-Eating Elk every other day instead of once a week.

Have plenty of ammo and gear from years back. So haven't had to chase any of that. Life is pretty normal here except for the shelves are empty. Finally seeing kids playing outside, riding bikes, sidewalk chalk, etc. Havent seen that in years.

I quit eating lunches out 5 weeks ago, which in turn makes me shop more often, but senior hours.
Still shooting 3-4 days a week, low traffic areas.
Getting a fair amount of entertainment from our local newspaper and county FB pages. The Bear Pit pales in comparison to the pissing and moaning around here. Every cunt in town demands and needs a Test, more are about to die from not being tested, than infected people, which is 1 in the county.

This kind of stuff.

20200329_111047.jpg

20200329_112413.jpg

Which led to this.

20200324_132256.jpg

And eventually this.

20200329_140224.jpg

The soaker hose on the left is for next week when we add in a half dozen plumbago plants.

Screenshot_20200329-142342_Chrome.jpg

They'll go on the left from the post with the flag, under the window and over to the palm.

I'll have to rent a tiller just to break through this St. Augustine grass.
Ugh!

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm gonna screen in this little front entry. That way we can sit out front without donating blood to the local skeeter population.

Last edited:
Doing a lot less non essential running around town for fun.
Traveling a lot more heavy
Being more creative with my shopping as more a treasure hunt than just going out and getting everything on the list.
Studying up and listening lots to folks who have experience treating things if you'd prefer not to die in the hospital & want to have a fighting chance.
Trying to get a lot more sleep.

I quit eating lunches out 5 weeks ago, which in turn makes me shop more often, but senior hours.
Still shooting 3-4 days a week, low traffic areas.
Getting a fair amount of entertainment from our local newspaper and county FB pages. The Bear Pit pales in comparison to the pissing and moaning around here. Every cunt in town demands and needs a Test, more are about to die from not being tested, than infected people, which is 1 in the county.

LOL

I've been eating in more often. Instead of eating a small number of meals at local restaurants, I'm now eating approximately 11 meals/day at home. Totally more heathy.

With the kids no longer doing school or extracurricular activities, my driving has gone down by about 90%. I'm going to take advantage of low fuel prices by idling the Camaro for ~10 hours/day.

Work has slowed down to half-days; I'm only putting in about 12 hours each day. That will come to a screeching halt soon, but too many egos are wrapped up in day-to-day week for that to happen any sooner than it absolutely must (meaning when companies run out of cash in another month or so).

Nothing much here. Just moved the smaller freezer into another room so I can access a wall to install another frost proof. This will give me a way to back feed the house with well water easier, if need be. Plus I won't have to drag a hose as far now to wash the rides. People here not much concerned at all. Cleaned an de-lubed brass shot up in the last month, loading it back when I need a break from,... Retired life,..LOL
With as many projects I have an what to do, I don't know how I had time to go to work? Rode the mini bike today, cheap/fun transportation. Gym is closed so doing the treadmill twice a day an the upper body on the Airdyne the same. Setup a 50 yd canned 22lr range in the backyard, potential local pot meat keeping an eye on me,...

Got all my com gear in order! Check all gear, ghillie suits. Practice more on dry fire. Loaded up all vest with mags. All bug out gear rtg. Plenty of mres and fueled up flamethrowers. Working on my nighttime sneak tactics and put high wire electric fence with 220 volt charge. Now I’m just waiting on a dumb motherfucker to try and steal my shit. The suspense is killing me. Nah, just hanging out with kids and cooking , cleaning?

Took inventory of missing sockets from my main, Craftsman 35 year old, large set. Went to Craftsman website, which referred me to AMZN. Gave up on the Dog's Breakfast of listings on AMZN and decided to go to the local Ace Hardware, which carries Craftsman. Got half the sockets I was looking for, not unhappy with that. the other half are oddballs/rarely used. Will try to find them online. Went next door to the grocery store. Bought a couple of bottles of Simply lemonade, a sub sandwich and a bag of chips. 98.5% stocked, not many people in the store. Half and half flatlanders and locals. Looks like people are settling the fuk down......finally.

Last edited:
Cooking more, if that is possible...cooking larger amounts and also looking at recipes that I would not have done so previously.

Shooting a little bit more but one range is closed. Waiting for the other to close as well.

Spending more time with the teenage critters...it is fun actually.

Not much else different. We are always well stocked so nothing really in terms of food or TP...LOL.

I always work from home so not much different there other than watching others go quietly stir crazy. NY city people I deal with are worried...they are talking about feeling nervous and anxious about being in a city with a small fridge and no storage and no protection...

Crap, forgot, did start teaching our Godson and his younger brother to reload, They are out of school, and bored shitless. Both cranked out a 100- 357 magnum rds, because right before this shit show I had picked up a Henry lever in 357, had to put a Kahles red dot on it as I could make out the irons and the target both. Shot both the boys 100 rds those afternoons, The older boy sized and loaded his own Dasher rds that had been my chore, shot those up too. Hope I started a good thing here.

I was really hoping for some more time to shoot and time for myself. Turns out as soon as college closed, my uncle needed me to work more hours. I'm an independent contractor helping my uncle build a house. Between that and the shitty weather, haven't been able to do shit, so nothing's changed. Other than school switching to online now.

Reactions: QuickNDirty
Appopoclips Chik'n Rice
Jasmine rice, cooked, drained

Leek, onions, shallots hell it don't matter, use fresh wild onions( technically wild garlic but trust me, they are delicious)
Canned green chilies, frozed chiles, fresh, hell it don't matter
Dab coconut oil, why do you have coconut oil? Cause it don't go rancid dipshit.
Honestly, you can put anything you like in this point, just make sure your pan is big enough. Mushrooms are nice.

Saute that shit together into a fine mess.
Now throw in a can of cream of something soup, again, it. Don't. Matter. Whatever you like. Put a dab of water in there too, not a lot. Easy...too much dummy! It's ok, cook a bit of that water out.
Now, open can of whoopass....oops, wrong page in my poppaclips book.
Open can of chicken. Throw it in the bubbling fine mess, break it up however you like. Now, you can use fresh cooked meat if you like, squirrel is nice, rabbit, coon, housecat, whatever you like. You can even throw a bit of cream or full fat plain yogurt in there to rich it up...cream cheese is nice....but it's the Appopaclips, so no TP or cream cheese.

Now if you aren't a complete shit cook, you had your rice ready and drained, just before the bubbling fine mess was ready. Dump bubbling fine mess in rice, or serve it over the rice, or put it in a friggin Ninjer food processor and drink it through a straw.....whatever you like....

If nothing else this crap has caused our family to rethink what we take for granted as far as food and supplies go.
We're not worried about this, but what about the next crisis. With the wife and kids at home now we decided it's time to start learning how to make things from scratch and evaluate what can be accomplished with the main food staples instead of food from a box. These are things we should already know. I also need to make a root cellar. And a newer wood cookstove is on the wish list.

should be good for a while with rationing everything so not so worried about that yet . We have not had to use anything stored yet so live is good so far .

Appopoclips Chik'n Rice

Leek, onions, shallots hell it don't matter, use fresh wild onions( technically wild garlic but trust me, they are delicious)
Honestly, you can put anything you like in this point, just make sure your pan is big enough. Mushrooms are nice.

Now throw in a can of cream of something soup, again, it. Don't. Matter. Whatever you like. Put a dab of water in there too, not a lot. Easy...too much dummy! It's ok, cook a bit of that water out.
Open can of chicken. Throw it in the bubbling fine mess, break it up however you like. Now, you can use fresh cooked meat if you like, squirrel is nice, rabbit, coon, housecat, whatever you like. You can even throw a bit of cream or full fat plain yogurt in there to rich it up...cream cheese is nice....but it's the Appopaclips, so no TP or cream cheese.

Now if you aren't a complete shit cook, you had your rice ready and drained, just before the bubbling fine mess was ready. Dump bubbling fine mess in rice, or serve it over the rice, or put it in a friggin Ninjer food processor and drink it through a straw.....whatever you like....

Gross in so many respects...

Not going out to eat is about the only think different. I’m Retired so I stay home and do stuff here most of the time already. E.G. - reloading for prairie dog shoot, yard work, and working on the looong list my wife has on the fridge!!

Reactions: 10ring'r
Appopoclips Chik'n Rice

Appopaclips. ??????

With all the people stuffed in their homes I am pretty sure that I will be making some extra hunting money or some extra cash for some things on the woman's 66 Oldsmobile.
People don't like it when their A/C is not working. Especially when everyone is suffering from cabin fever.

Reactions: Barneybdb
Had the kids move the claymores out to the next tree line around the property to extend our social distancing zone.

I was just using GBS’... but now that I see you are using claymores I may have to rethink... thanks for the tip!

• Haha
Reactions: candyx
The biggest change is we do not eat out at restaurants anymore, For us that is 2-3 times a week on a typical week
My wife is not able to work at all
My oldest daughter is not able to work at all
I work from home, so that did not change anything, I am 'essential'

I cleaned up, then filled up an old chest freezer that I had not used in years, glad it still works. It is now filled with various stuff
I stocked up on canned and shelf stable foods
Shopping is odd, but we food shop about once a week still, its hit or miss with what we find
I have always online shopped, but now I let the boxes sit in the garage for 2-3 days before I open them

I have a ton of projects around the house that I needed to get done anyway, so focused on those and knocking them out
I am going to remodel one of my bathrooms is the next big project, lucky I had bought everything I needed and have it all sitting here

I want to get out to the range, but not sure how much ammo I want to shoot up at the moment ;)

I just got done making the last of my Tannerite flower pot bombs. I found a box of old roofing nails in the barn and mixed it in. They are all waterproofed and lining the driveway now. I hope no one trys to loot my TP. Fuckers
I wouldn't publicize that, FYI. Just kinda throwing that out there... that's your free legal advice for the day.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender
Appopoclips Chik'n Rice

Yeah... we'll you are eating good while my wife and daughter are starving me to death with a Zero Sugar Cleanse diet... they are on it and I am on it.

I ain't dipping into the food reserves cause I can still get it... but, as I sit here in my Faraday Garage.... I remember the words of the great Jerry Reed..."Why didn't you just learn how to cook!"

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Doing a lot less non essential running around town for fun.
Traveling a lot more heavy
Being more creative with my shopping as more a treasure hunt than just going out and getting everything on the list.
Studying up and listening lots to folks who have experience treating things if you'd prefer not to die in the hospital & want to have a fighting chance.
Trying to get a lot more sleep.

This...

I am actually doing less now that I have taken the time to stock up and prepare before the full autism and neckbearding happened. However, I am constantly doing small checks here and there to make sure that any essentials that need to be replaced get done so right away. I, and several other guys who also weld and fabricate got our hours restored since a lot of essential projects that had been backlogged during the start of the panic is being put to motion by their clients. Shit still need to be fixed and machinery installed, plague or no plague.

The only things I can attest to that I have really changed in routine is I do not sleep on mass transit anymore... At least not recently, and at least for the time being. Used to snooze on the train all the time... Not that I am worried about some stupid shit happening, people are actually more quiet in the city now that doom and gloom is everywhere. It is the social distancing part. I get fucking nervous whenever someone approaches within a few feet of me. The trains are empty as fuck now so there should be no reason that somebody needs to pop a squat two seats away from me on the same bench. Even though I have a N95 mask on at all times when I am out and about, I am still taking absolutely no chances with this shit. Just got home right now from a 9.5 hour shift. An hour ago I was transferring trains at 14th Street Union Square. Absolutely dead as stone, except for the bums, who are everywhere, and one Jamaican lady with wild hair standing at the corner of one of the station side entrances screaming her head off about how God's judgment is coming right now...

Processing brass, and cooking different types of meals has increased. I found an old box of pasta buried in my pantry that had an expiration date that expired 6-years ago. Cooked that up, and still tasted good, and I didn't get sick.
It's been snowing almost every day the last couple of weeks, but not enough to fire up the sled, so that's limited my outdoor activities. Today I went snowshoeing since the sun came out for most of the day.

Last edited:
This kind of stuff.

View attachment 7284874

View attachment 7284875

Which led to this.

View attachment 7284877

And eventually this.

View attachment 7284876

The soaker hose on the left is for next week when we add in a half dozen plumbago plants.

View attachment 7284881

They'll go on the left from the post with the flag, under the window and over to the palm.

I'll have to rent a tiller just to break through this St. Augustine grass.
Ugh!

Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm gonna screen in this little front entry. That way we can sit out front without donating blood to the local skeeter population.
It's a shame you don't know a guy with a landscape nursery in your area. @oneshot86 might even have trained a "hand" to tell the difference between a shovel and a landscape sign.

Beautiful project buddy. If I weren't busy fishing I'd be down there salvaging St Aug turf one shovel at a time

Reactions: Barneybdb