• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What height rings to use in conjunction with badger riser for AR?

bth87

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2009
Tucson, AZ
As the title states im putting a badger 22 moa riser on my AR and will be mounting a vortex 4-16x50 on it and im curious if any here have an idea as to what height rings i should use with this set up. Thanks in advance.

Nominal center line for the optic on the AR platform is ~1.5" - the badger riser is 3/8 which = .375, so you want a ring with the height of 1.15. Anything over 1.0 and under 1.3 would probably work pretty well.

Is there a reason your going to use the badger 22moa riser instead of a one piece mount designed for the AR? I don't see a good reason to add the badger riser when you could buy a Larue SPR-S or ADM mount with built in cant. These will also allow for forward offset which is generally needed on the AR platform. I prefer to shoot NTCH so I normally go for the extended versions of the mounts.

ETA: I think this ADM mount would work well and provides 20 MOA cant.
American Defense Recon Quick-Release Extended Scope Mount
The Larue SPR-S only has 10 MOA

ETA2: The Larue LT745 is available with 20 MOA of cant.
http://www.laruetactical.com/larue-tactical-scope-mount-qd-lt745

Last edited: