• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

what height rings to use

tidalbass

Private
Minuteman
Oct 6, 2012
Maryland
My new Vudoo is coming soon. I am getting a 20" Kukri contour barrel on a gen 2 V22 action with an XLR chassis. I plan on using a Vortex gen1 PST 6 - 24 ffp scope on it. What brand and height rings will give me the best fit?

Depends on if you want the enclosed nv bridge chassis and need to clear that. if you do then you're looking at 1.35" height to clear it. If you don't, then you can go down to 1" rings.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Vortex low rings on my MPA with NV bridge. MTU barrel.
326F162C-CD56-43E7-8AF4-1B57F2B6AF53.jpeg

Depends on if you want the enclosed nv bridge chassis and need to clear that. if you do then you're looking at 1.35" height to clear it. If you don't, then you can go down to 1" rings.
IMG_0801.JPG

IIRC, these are NF 'low' .885" rings w/ an Athlon BTR/50mm objective. 40 MOA Vudoo rail and Kukri barrel.

Edit: The Vortex 'low' are .9". As seen in the above post.

View attachment 7643988

IIRC, these are NF 'low' .885" rings w/ an Athlon BTR/50mm objective. 40 MOA Vudoo rail and Kukri barrel.

Edit: The Vortex 'low' are .9". As seen in the above post.

Yeh I used to do that, but then I switched to 1" so I could have a little bit of the Vortex Defenders cap clearance, or if I want to throw a dfat on it.