• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What (if any) is your 2nd favorite hobby?

KevinWood44

Private
Minuteman
Jun 26, 2021
NY
I am always looking for a new hobby that piques my interest.

-I play a lot of chess (certainly no Grandmaster or anything, I hover around 1600-1650 elo in 1 min bullet games.)
-I trained MMA and BJJ for 13yrs (but father time put an end to that endeavour)
-And I shoot (not nearly enough)

So fellas....what else are you into...besides shooting?? I'd really like to hear what other passions/obsessions you have. (Include images if you want)

(I need something else to do, my girlfriend has this amazing ability to fill MY calandar with horrific outings. Ex. Last week vineyard, Next weekend we are going apple picking. 🫡🔫 This is a cry for help...please get me excited about something new, otherwise next month I will end up pumpkin picking (which I argued is actaully "pumpkin choosing" bc they are already picked for you) but I digress....

-Kevin

Hands down my #1 is fly fishing, but unfortunately I don't get to do it maybe 1-2x a year historically. If I lived in out west I'd fish a lot more than I'd shoot at first....might go back and forth....shoot more....good summer bug hatches fish harder. That all changes 2025.....possibly next summer depending on mom and dad's moving time frame! I enjoy the process of finding feeding fish, then attempting to find out what they are eating....then trying to get them to eat with a good stalk and cast. Sometimes you get 1 shot on a big trout and if he turns his nose....he gone....so there is pressure to have that cold bore center x kind of attention you have to have. Plus the beauty of where one gets to do it.....whew tough to beat.

I drink a lot of wine and bob for apples…when I’m not carving pumpkins in the Fall

Reactions: camocorvette
May as well enjoy the apple picking and wine tasting, Kathy Cuomo making it impossible to purchase ammunition in NY Starting next week. Think of the time this will free up, how about hiking 🥾 every Adirondack Mtn. peaks.

Reactions: Bill 911
Z62_1460rev.JPG
20230307_170646.jpg
20230704_092014.jpg

Air rifles, sports cars, photography and of course my dogs

I have been really enjoying rolling my own ammo the last couple years. I'm still new and don't know of much.

Growing a pair of nuts is a good hobby…..

Then skip the dumb chick stuff and go shooting.
My fiance does that crap with her friends.
But doesnt like crowds and usually rather get up early for a hike and enjoy some basic grub from our packs and coffee in the mtns than do vineyards or other hipster crap pushed by social media.

She loves sports though.
Mostly KU basketball (alum) and gymnastics.
I either do stuff outside or in my reloading room while she does that.
Occasionally watch and tease her about why she wants me watching a bunch of fit 20 yr old chicks in skin tight clothes when I got a good woman on the couch beside me?🤣
She laughs and gets me another beer.

Since I retired 7 yrs ago and have .ore time , airguns have become a rabbit hole I fell into , although lately lve slowed down on them and got back into defensive pistol shooting, also auto mechanics, have a 9k lift in the shop so no more shade tree shit , live on the lake but did more fishing before I moved here , go figure.

Reactions: Bill 911
It doesn't take long to figure out if someone went to KU or K-State. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was thinking about taking up road biking. Anyone know any good roads to ride down the middle of?

Fishing, home improvements, reloading, quiet time…

If you enjoy the many things your girlfriend schedules for you, cool. If not, it’s okay to say no thanks here and there. It’s also only fair that you choose some of the activities you decide to do together.

If she won’t take an occasional no for an answer, or doesn’t let you pick what you do together without drama, you might want to give your relationship significant consideration.

Good luck.

Sailing and Cycling, though I consider Cycling an avocation of sorts, its what keeps me healthy, keeps me fairly trim and keeps me alive.

Sailing, gives life. You are life. Your craft is life.
7173A0FE-F6E1-4565-A637-62A2A6236A5D.jpeg
A simple sail on a nice day, feeling the boat move through the water, wind in your face, and your worries, fading away in the boats wake.

DAA93699-A810-46BA-B1EC-B4BF574A6D05.jpeg

I walk around any home improvement store or anyplace of the like. I observe the items people are buying or are in their cart. When the right combination of items present, I take to striking up a conversation with them about whatever. At some point in the conversation I point to their cart:

"I sure hope no loved ones go missing anytime soon. They got cameras all over this place."

Usually the cart items are tarps, cleaning supplies, a shovel, rope, lyme, saws, plastic sheeting, etc etc etc :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: clcustom1911
I've still got the equipment from my last hobby - which was drag racing.
I can only afford one hobby at a time - and the transitions to a "new" hobby usually are pretty spendy also.

Shooting, reloading, bullet casting.
Deer hunting. I’ll also dove hunt a time or two a year.
Bass fishing and bow fishing a few times a year.
Golf. Way more than I should and I’ll never not suck at it.
Piddling around out in my shop on occasion.
I’m very blessed with multiple hobbies, minimal time to engage them, and a low to mediocre skill level at all of them.

Shooting, reloading, bullet casting.
Deer hunting. I’ll also dove hunt a time or two a year.
Bass fishing and bow fishing a few times a year.
Golf. Way more than I should and I’ll never not suck at it.
Piddling around out in my shop on occasion.
I’m very blessed with multiple hobbies, minimal time to engage them, and a low to mediocre skill level at all of them.
I agree it's great to have a lot of outlets. I miss windsurfing big time and I've let 30 minute drives keep me from it long enough. We have some fantastic areas around here and this thread has me thinking about checking to see what a One Design class rig would go for these days. Great thread OP thanks.

I go to start shooting guns in 1974. And also, in October of 1974, I started teaching myself guitar. My mother could only afford a new set of strings on my father's old guitar and Mel Bay's Book of Chords. My step-grandfather, who sang basso-baritone in the church choir, taught me how to read sheet music. And, like everyone else in my family, I would sing. And i still do those things.

I used to hang out in a vocalist forum. People liked my version of "Child in Time" by Deep Purple. The top note in that is an A5.

Then, one day, someone dared me to cover "I believe in a Thing Called Love" by the Darkness. So, I did. And it was easy for me, which only pissed others off. Then, someone suggested I cover "Growing on Me" by the Darkness. Also fun.

So, I have to say, whether shooting guns or singing songs, I have the natural ability to anger people.

Mountain biking and Golf, suck at both, but its the pursuit of perfection not the attainment. Was into mud runs and TTG but two hernia surgeries back to back and I decided to approach life a little lighter and slower.

It doesn't take long to figure out if someone went to KU or K-State. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I was thinking about taking up road biking. Anyone know any good roads to ride down the middle of?
gravel is fun too. More maintenance, fewer interactions with other vehicles

M

I've still got the equipment from my last hobby - which was drag racing.
I can only afford one hobby at a time - and the transitions to a "new" hobby usually are pretty spendy also.
Yeah, I'd like to try reloading but no one's giving away a Dillon. :(

Reactions: MadDuner
My wife ordered me a RC Helicopter to tease the dogs. $25 Amazon thing. I developed some pretty decent finesse with the little thing and its a damned hoot. I do touch and go landings off their backs and its a daggum riot. So, I ordered a bigger, beefier outdoor RC helicopter. LOL. I can see me getting into these things pretty seriously. The outdoor models have auto hover on them so almost idiot proof. I mean, they let me buy and fly them! LOL

Yeah, I'd like to try reloading but no one's giving away a Dillon. :(
Does reloading count as another hobby?
Then I spend 6 hrs a week shooting for my 1st hobby.
Then I spend about 10 hrs a week reloading for my 2nd hobby..... with my Dillon.

1694114930695.gif

This thread has delivered so far. OP, if you can’t get out of this then spike some apple cider and enjoy being outside. If she’s the one, this will be the first of many dumb things you’ll have to live through. And if she really is the one, leverage not wanting to do this silly thing into a blowjob in the parking lot