• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is a Budget Optic

I agree 100% with this also. But will still try to find the best what ever I’m buying for the cheapest price.
I don't see anyone arguing against this foundational strategy- even those who just buy what and when they want to.

Reactions: ClintC
image.gif

Just buy a scope then show us - using your money which I assume is tied to your [budget]...

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208
Why won't the stubborn just save more money for longer- so they can get non-CheapComm optics?

ETA: Of course take advantage of a sale or discount. Or buy a higher end, clean used optic, here in the PX.

Last edited:
Many Vortex models are good to go.

If a guy can't afford better than an Arkon, then he needs to save more money over time- so he can buy something better than Cheapcomm.
My couple Arken EP5’s are decent for the money. Both have already outlasted my Viper PST’s that I owned in reliability 😁👍

Budget optics are the first thing to have to be replaced when the eyes get older.
As someone who has a continuously worsening astigmatism caused by eye trauma, I have noticed this, as well. And many times I will get headache or migraines the next day from eye strain using the lower-quality glass for hours on-end at the range. For years I never put 2+2 together, until I used nothing but some of my high end scopes all day on the range, and had zero migraine or headache the next day. Then I tried it again the following week with cheap scopes, and headache that night or the next day.

Last edited:
As someone who has a continuously worsening astigmatism caused by eye trauma, I have noticed this, as well. And many times I will get beaches or migraines the next day from eye strain using the lower-quality glass for hours on-end at the range. For years I never put 2+2 together, until I used nothing but some of my high end scopes all day on the range, and had zero migraine or headache the next day. Then I tried it again the following week with cheap scopes, and headache that night or the next day.

When I was about to have my surgeries for cataracts/astigmatism, my surgeon warned me to be prepared for possibly getting some bad headaches.

His response to my asking why was that all these years while my vision was bad/"mush", my brain/eye combination hadn't had to work on focusing on fine detail/changing focus, so w/the return of clear vision there was going to be an increased workload that my eyes weren't used to.

He was right, I was getting headaches, bad ones.

Besides taking pills, what worked was just laying down w/the light out/in a dark room to go easy on these old eyeballs until they got used to the new workload.

Last edited:
Reactions: FuhQ