• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is a good DBM kit for a 700?

6mech

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2012
I'm looking for the "best bang for the buck" DBM kit for a Rem 700 short action. I want to install it in an HS Precision 5R stock. I am trying to keep the build cost down as low as possible, but still want a reliable set-up. Any experience or suggestions shared would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance. 6mech

Might checkout/ask around about the Newman Precision DBM. I've not used one but heard good things about them.

Hard to argue with the ptg dbm, have to inlet for it, but great value

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I'am guessing you are referring to a short action and if so is there a preference of manufacturers for a small bolt face or a medium bolt face receiver?

I did CDI dbm a year or so ago and it's served me well. I honestly don't remember what I paid for it but it went in the same stock you're looking at and it was priced very aggressively.

The stiller DBM is a very easy inlet from a BDL inlet. The front and rear tang are the same footprint and height, the "opening" is rectangular and free of tapers and radiuses. The DBM has an overhang that covers up any inletting discrepancies as well (in the center area)

As others have commented the Badger M5 is one of the best but your stock would require inletting as most will other then the HS Precision DBM, I have used both and their both good, HS is slimmer and works well for hunting too.

+1 ptg, I was a smidge disappointed in the bdl bottom melt not dropping in as advertised but for the quality and price point it's a no brainer!

Ptg. They don't add inches to your dick like the big name bottom metal but for the price of 1 badger m5 you can have a ptg and several magazines.

After comparing prices, I bought a DBM kit (with a 10 round mag) from Stocky's and am very happy with it. It is made by PTG. It accepts AICS mags so I can use all my mags with either the .308 sporting the PTG BM or my McRees folder. If I had it to do over again, the only difference is I would order the extended well version instead of the "no funnel" (flush bottom) version.
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-610/M5-Stealth-DM-M24/Detail

Allegedly the Wyatt's BM will drop right in your factory inletted stock, which makes it pretty economical since paying to have your stock inletted will cost you a few buck. The mags do not look like AICS pattern, so they may be proprietary... that may be a consideration for you. It would be for me.
http://www.stockysstocks.com/servlet/the-473/Wyatt's-Outdoor-Detachable-Magazine/Detail

Joe

Last edited: