• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is best match for a PVS14 -- Nox, Breach, or CoronaSkeet?

alpine44

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 23, 2010
North Carolina
I do realize that the listed helmet-mountable thermals have vastly different performance and price points. What I am asking you guys for is which one looks best in a dual setup with a PVS14 or a MX-11769 tube in a different mono housing. In this scenario, the thermal is supposed to draw attention to things that are not (easily) visible in the intensified image. Therefore, features like outdoor alert and other image enhancements are also relevant.

I am not against spending spending the coin on a Nox, just want to make sure that it is the best choice with respect to the display side and its ability to merge with the image from an intensifier tube.

Last edited:
From what I've heard, the NOX is fantastic if you can pay for it. Every RonaSkeet sold helps fund COVID-21 but I hear the display is really nice

im not going to say fusing the image isnt an ability. what im going to say is most dudes thinking they are going to have a nice fused image using both devices outside of a coti clip on, are typically ill informed and inexperienced. i truly feel bridging them is there to cover both needs on the helmet but not necessarily at the same time. ymmv but you will likely find yourself running one for a role and the other for the other roles.

Reactions: Jigstick
Both at the same time is pretty awful. YMMV.

Thanks for the comments.

I guess I misunderstood some other threads, hoping that some kind of image fusion would be possible with a dual setup on a bridge. The obvious issue is that the Image Intensifier device has a more "immersive" view than the thermal, which is looking at a flat video screen.

It looks like a COTI is the only way to get a matching thermal overlay on the night vision image. One downside with this setup is that the thermal will not be usable if the Image Intensifier needs to be turned off due to ambient light sources .