• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is Going on at Midway USA

Badfinger

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
  • Aug 11, 2013
    S/W Ohio
    I found some bullets I've been looking for on Midway's site and placed an order on 6/2. Shipments usually arrive here in four days so today I started looking at the tracking information. Am I reading this right? The package went from PA to NJ back to PA on to Kansas, was processed and now departed Kansas to ship to me. From their latest estimate delivery on the 10th. WTH is going on.....🤷‍♂️

i-xGKQzfq-L.jpg

That’s a usps problem, not a Midway issue. Ive had two packages take the senic route to me lately.

If it doesn’t show up in a couple weeks or so, midway will send out another if you call in about it.

NOT USPS.
    From the dates and times looks like a tracking number error caused by UPS.
    Notice the 6/4 7pm and 6/4 7:10 entries. (Saturday)
    You ordered Thursday night 6/2. No entry on Friday, Next entry in PA 1 AM Saturday.
    Maybe it went to all those places, maybe it didn't.
    Looks like Midway shipped Monday night, left on it's way on this morning.
    UPS will deliver to a post office close to you and then the USPS will do the final drop off.
    @Badfinger KEEP US UPDATED as it moves.

Sometimes UPS will grab my package rather than take it to the post office and deliver mine the same day it comes in. Usually two days total travel.
    When they take it to the post office it's AFTER the morning mail sort so it gets delivered a day later.

Last edited:
    USPS has gone full retard. I have had several similar problems with them lately...
    I'm beginning to think that the USPS offices are just like restaurants.
    The person managing the local branch has all the influence in the world.

USPS being sent to my place of work always gets messed up by the local post office that's supposed to be delivering it. It will be out for delivery for a week before we see it.

USPS being sent to my home has never had any issues ever.... yet.

I had a rare non produced car part I needed found on a car forum, paid and shipped by usps, never to arrive. Tracking number says it is stuck in Denver and non deliverable. No explanation. Address is correct. Never tried to deliver it. Just labeled undeliverable and nobody can do anything about it. Many phone calls, paperwork filled out, bureaucracy people flat don’t give a fuck. The ONLY thing that kept my sanity it that it was $4 part. Never to exist in this dimension again.

• Angry
    Reactions: lash
    Doesn't matter anymore, USPS, UPS, FEDX all have staffing issues. Throw in some weather issues on top and you have packages doing the plinko from hub to hub.

I had a damaged package undeliverable because of a damaged BOX.
    Called post office and picked it up in person. Had to fill out a damage waiver.
    Was a steel armorers wrench, didn't need the box :)

• Haha
    Reactions: lash and tomcatmv
    Thanks for the response but the paperwork says UPS not USPS.
    Its a UPS/postal service arrangement so a carrier issue either way. If it doesn’t get to you, Midway will make it right one way or another. I wouldn’t worry about it.

Last edited:
    You probably have a UPS tracking number you are watching.
    The USPS tracking number won't show on the USPS site until it gets there.
    10 minutes from PA to MO? on a Saturday?
    Looks more like your late Thursday order didn't go out on Friday.
    Was picked up Monday evening.

Last edited:
    Sometimes they take the scenic route. I had a package sent from Alabama (Creedmoor Sports) to Tennessee that went to California first via USPS.

April 28, 2022, 12:52 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 26, 2022, 11:56 am
    USPS picked up item
    ANNISTON, AL 36205

It makes sense to someone. . .

Sometimes they take the scenic route. I had a package sent from Alabama (Creedmoor Sports) to Tennessee that went to California first via USPS.

April 28, 2022, 12:52 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    LOS ANGELES CA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

April 26, 2022, 11:56 am
    USPS picked up item
    ANNISTON, AL 36205

It makes sense to someone. . .
    Creating value through fuel surcharges....

@37L1 What were the following tracking locations?
    The LA regional facility is one of the Chinese Holding locations that make fake numbers for orders on the high seas.
    NJ is another one. Can't trust entries from those locations.

USPS has been having funny issues in their system for a while now. I had a couple of Fenix high cap 18650 batteries go from Arkansas to TWO cities in Puerto Rico, before heading back up the East Coast and arriving at my door about 4 days late. Most likely a distracted sorter putting items into the wrong basket or truck.

Tracking number says it is stuck in Denver and non deliverable.

LOST.

I've had UPS stop in front of my house, rummage around in back for several minutes and drive off. Check tracking and see "Could not access neighborhood."

Reactions: lash
    This started out as a Midway thread. I've had good luck with them.
    My Postman has been a regular for a few years. I'm the LAST stop on his route so it's usually after 5PM, and he stays and talks for a few minutes, swapping gun and game pictures.
    UPS changed drivers a year or so ago and the new kid is nice and dependable.
    The FEDEX EXPRESS guy is a regular, the GROUND guy is new.
    The 39 regular AMAZON drivers are hit or miss , but getting better :)

Google Maps is a problem. I live back a gravel drive in the woods. Google shows us out at the street. Amazon was delivering to houses in the neighborhood. Wife updated location info and deliveries started arriving. Mostly.

@37L1 What were the following tracking locations?
    The LA regional facility is one of the Chinese Holding locations that make fake numbers for orders on the high seas.
    NJ is another one. Can't trust entries from those locations.
    There were none, just "in transit to the next facility" and Voila!, turns up at my local PO two days later.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
    I found some bullets I've been looking for on Midway's site and placed an order on 6/2. Shipments usually arrive here in four days so today I started looking at the tracking information. Am I reading this right? The package went from PA to NJ back to PA on to Kansas, was processed and now departed Kansas to ship to me. From their latest estimate delivery on the 10th. WTH is going on.....🤷‍♂️

i-xGKQzfq-L.jpg

Sometimes, not all the packages make it off the truck.
    The stuff goes back on the return truck, someone goes.. uh O, we missed one.. and back you go.
    Millions of packages, mistakes happen.
    2nd option, go work for UPS , in interview, tell them, you are their to make their service 100% accurate. They'll love you.

Sometimes, not all the packages make it off the truck.
    The stuff goes back on the return truck, someone goes.. uh O, we missed one.. and back you go.
    Millions of packages, mistakes happen.
    2nd option, go work for UPS , in interview, tell them, you are their to make their service 100% accurate. They'll love you.

I accept mistakes happen. What I don't accept are the intentional lies. "Did not have access to gate code" (no gate). "Front door blocked" (BS, unless the sidewalk is an obstruction). "Too heavy to be delivered" (two pounds under max allowed...and why was it accepted if over weight?). "No one available to take delivery" (watched the truck drive by without stopping. Later learned it was to large for the truck).

No even getting into how packages are handled...or stolen...or thrown away...

Reactions: HD1911
    I have had multiple packages reach a local processing center or sorting office - from where it should have gone out for delivery - and then be whisked off across the country. One went from here in Atlanta to CA, another to Memphis, another on a scenic tour of Florida. Those were just in the past few years.

I had two laptops stolen in succession - sent from work, the highest end you could get, around $7,000. The FBI got involved and I had to provide some info to them. They switched carriers for the third.

Being redirected by an alphabet agency to insert tracking devices. NSA is famous for doing this with electronics. Others do it all the time with other goods.
    Blame the Gov for everything and youll never be disappointed.

Probably

• Haha
    Reactions: Aftermath
    Tracking starting with 1Z is UPS but as others mentioned it’s the smart post crap where UPS gets its most of the way then hands it over to the post office for delivery. I always pay extra now to avoid smart post. I’ve had nothing but negative experience with smart post. The three bucks more means I get in three or four days instead of weeks. With the Bidenflation sometimes that 3 bucks is an extra squirt of gas to get work but I’ll gladly pay more to not be served by “smart” post.

I emailed Midway as they don’t take phone calls at this time, and heard back pretty quickly to their credit. The lady informed me that I wasn’t supposed to receive my order until the 17th. Which is funny because the paperwork I got when they supposedly shipped it said it would be delivered on the 10th. She didn’t address the issue of whether or not it has actually been to Pennsylvania New Jersey and Timbuktu. So I guess their super fast nitro Xpress is now 15 days . Go figure

I have had very similar experience with UPS lately on a couple of different orders, different companies, not at all firearms related. All over the f'ing country for two weeks before delivering.

Once you chose the shipping method and it leaves their doors. It's hard to blame them for slow shipping.

Shipping from Midway has always taken forever for me. I live a long ways away though.

Here's a story though:

Purchased from a store in nearby PA (2.5hrs driving distance from me) and it took 8 DAYS to arrive from USPS!!! They sent the package to a distribution center in North Carolina before shipping it back up north to New York.

You cannot make this up... Ship a package 10 hours south, then 12.5 hours back up north, to reach its destination, which was exactly 2.5 hours from the origin address.

They've got some VERY special people working at USPS.

Shipping from Midway has always taken forever for me. I live a long ways away though.

Here's a story though:

Purchased from a store in nearby PA (2.5hrs driving distance from me) and it took 8 DAYS to arrive from USPS!!! They sent the package to a distribution center in North Carolina before shipping it back up north to New York.

You cannot make this up... Ship a package 10 hours south, then 12.5 hours back up north, to reach its destination, which was exactly 2.5 hours from the origin address.

They've got some VERY special people working at USPS.

We used to have a USPS sort/distribution/whatever office in my town. Like 3 minutes from my house. Could send a letter to someone around the area and its there the next day.

They've since moved the sort place to a city a couple hours north, so now if I want to send a letter to my neighbor it spends 3 days on a truck and about 300 miles.

I wonder why stamps keep going up....

Not much different than the stupid routing I have to take to get from point A to point B via airlines sometimes. Once in a while I can get a ticket agent with some common sense to shorten the flight schedule forced upon me online but usually I just have to tough it out. I guess I shouldn't bitch, they are helping with qualifying segments and miles and shit.

If I order from the eastern US quick with no issues, if I order from the western US it’s always way slow and some BS. USPS and UPS.

This isn't about getting the order fast, I'm in no rush. It's about how weird everything shipping has become and if this order ever really left Midway or what the tracking is following. Here's the response from Midway.

Thank you for your email. I apologize for any inconvenience caused regarding our shipping. It appears the original expected delivery date of 6/17/22 has not yet passed. If you do not receive your order by this date please let us know.

I don't know where she got the 17th date, this is the original delivery date they they sent me.

i-FQ4cxNj-S.jpg

Update: It may be moving again and if you recall it had circled me ( in Ohio ) and headed back to Kansas and now appears to coming back this general direction. :ROFLMAO:

i-4nmS6DQ-L.jpg

Last edited:
    Midway used to package stuff really well, double boxed with packing to keep shit from bouncing around. Apparently that costs too much because the last order I placed for 6.5 Manbun projectiles showed up in a flimsy box with one air pouch inside. I spent an afternoon weighing out every bullet because box factory boxes of different grain bullets made by the same manufacturer (500 and 250 count boxes) burst open in the Midway box.

Not Midways fault but I had a box of stuff for my daughters.22 stop in Texas for 40 days then magically show up. To their credit Midway offered to refund but half the stuff was out of stock or shit that was phased out on clearance (hard to find scope rail). I’m just glad the box showed up.

Reactions: Badfinger
    I still have never had an issue with midway. Many times packages show up a day early from whatever carrier they are using.

The problem i see is why does the op think its midway’s fault for shipping carriers shoddy work?

Spend the few bucks extra for UPS Ground.

Surepost/Smartpost suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

I still have never had an issue with midway. Many times packages show up a day early from whatever carrier they are using.

The problem i see is why does the op think its midway’s fault for shipping carriers shoddy work?
    Your very fortunate and I hope it continues for you. I on the other hand have been using Midway for over thirty years and have just recently began to have issues after they began their new and faster Nitro Express. I know the whole logistic system is broken and I'm not placing any blame I'm just questioning the shipping data.

I don't think the package originated in PA like the document says in fact I don't think it had even left Midway.

Why are you making a thread whining about Midway when your actual problem is that you are unhappy with the delays UPS has in getting your package routed to you?

How is this the fault of Midway in any way?

Reactions: jbuck88
    Go work on your reading comprehension or take the time to read this entire post. A member above asked me to follow up and so I am and READ closely I’m not bashing you beloved Midway.
    You don’t need to be here or have to read this post, just go back to your child born

Go work on your reading comprehension or take the time to read this entire post. A member above asked me to follow up and so I am and READ closely I’m not bashing you beloved Midway.
    You don’t need to be here or have to read this post, just go back to your child born

I can only guess that perhaps I may have put a pretty nice big dent in your ego to jump right to that from simply asking why someone didn't call the thread, why does UPS have such crazy transit points.

I'm not sure but it kind of seems like perhaps you have no leg to stand on so you right away jump to wild allegations of whatever you feel is the worst thing you could accuse someone of hoping to deflect the question with insidious accusations.

I don't take kindly to people foolishly making those kinds of allegations, just because somebody mentioned suggested they were on the wrong track, so I'm going to say you need to apologize.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Im2bent
    So when you get you package on the 10th are you gonna apologize to Larry? Doubt it.

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    Apologize for what? I know some of you are having palpitations over a discussion about tracking information issues with Midway. But if you are not capable of understanding this posting, get an adult to read it for you and point out where I impugned Larry or his company.
    Midway setup their organization and chose the services they would use. I am raising a concern that after many years of outstanding service something is very wrong with the tracking info. In this day of porch pirates, it is especially important to know when to expect a delivery.
    Now if this upsets you or you do not feel safe stop reading this thread.

To answer your question no. The 10th was the day they gave for delivery when I placed the order......

Apologize for what? I know some of you are having palpitations over a discussion about tracking information issues with Midway. But if you are not capable of understanding this posting, get an adult to read it for you and point out where I impugned Larry or his company.
    Midway setup their organization and chose the services they would use. I am raising a concern that after many years of outstanding service something is very wrong with the tracking info. In this day of porch pirates, it is especially important to know when to expect a delivery.
    Now if this upsets you or you do not feel safe stop reading this thread.

To answer your question no. The 10th was the day they gave for delivery when I placed the order......
    Ehhh you are talking about reading comprehension and you can't comprehend the words in the title of your thread?

I'm assuming your shipping choices are similar to the ones I get. If your too cheap to pay for upgraded shipping services midway will ship at the cheapest option. When I check my cart they give a window to expect it by. I am ASSUMING this is where the 17th from.

Like everyone else is telling you. You selected the shipping method, and they shipped it. Your beef is with yourself or the carried. So far midway had fulfilled their end of the transaction.

Screenshot_20220608-165010_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: W54/XM-388
    I ordered a new hat from Texas. I live in WV, the hat made it all the way to freaking Hawaii before being sent back to Texas and finally made its way to me. Shipping took 37 days.

I ordered a new hat from Texas. I live in WV, the hat made it all the way to freaking Hawaii before being sent back to Texas and finally made its way to me. Shipping took 37 days.
    That doesn’t happen on stuff that weighs thousands of pounds....

I have had the same issue with Grafs and Midway a few times lately , one package was 75 miles from my home and then ended up 2800 miles away from my home where it sat for a few days before being shipped back across the country .