• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the best way to Sling a AI AW or chasis??

nolo263

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 9, 2005
laredo texas
When I sling my AI AW I get the parralax knob digging in my back. How do you guys sling the rifle?

Re: What is the best way to Sling a AI AW or chasis??

Don't they make a backpack sling for them?

I Carry my rifles with muzzle down because the bipod kills the shoulder

Yep they make a backpack sling (biatholon style) I have it but I have not used it yet. I was just wondering what everyone else is doing to help with the parralax knob.

take your pick--its either gonna be bolt knob or parallax knob, no matter how you slice it

Hook the sling hooks through the sling eyes on the left side of the rifle.

Hold the rifle in front of you, with the muzzle facing to the left.

Put your left arm and head through the sling, so that the rifle hangs in front of you, with the sling going over your right shoulder, across your back, to your left side.

The torsion created from having the supported on the sling eyes on the left side will keep the scope knob away from your body.

I find that's a very comfortable way to carry the rifle, and it has the added benefit of being close to a natural position for making a shot.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lindy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hook the sling hooks through the sling eyes on the left side of the rifle.

Hold the rifle in front of you, with the muzzle facing to the left.

Put your left arm and head through the sling, so that the rifle hangs in front of you, with the sling going over your right shoulder, across your back, to your left side.

The torsion created from having the supported on the sling eyes on the left side will keep the scope knob away from your body.

I find that's a very comfortable way to carry the rifle, and it has the added benefit of being close to a natural position for making a shot.
</div></div>

This. If I'm walking a bit and I've got a pack, I throw it over the pack so its muzzle up on my back. Can't feel the knob through my backpack.
wink.gif
If its a short trip I'll let it hang in front of me either angled down or horizontally.