• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the Casing Length for 308 National Match Chamber?

Czoo

PRS Shooter
Supporter
Minuteman
Apr 20, 2021
Southeast TX
What is the Casing Length for 308 National Match Chamber for trimming purposes? I'm assuming it is not the SAAMI spec of Max Length of 2.015in. Googling doesn't give hardly any info on a National Match Chamber Dimensions.

Update: It's the PTG Reamer
This is for PRS Matches not some plinking crap. Serious answers only.

Last edited:
Depends on the chamber reamer. I'm assuming you don't have a copy of the print.

If you have a hornady tool (or equal product), pop a 22LR case in the cartridge mouth instead of a bullet and measure.

Sinclair also makes a more elegant kit but this should get you close enough to swag a trim length.

I would assume that its the exact same because who would go around fucking up case lengths and then calling it the same chamber. Its likely just a slightly tighter body diameter.
You should have gotten a reamer print before you had someone use an unknown reamer on your stuff.

We need actual reamer info to give you an actual answer. calling something a "national match" is the same as calling it "bobs bestest"... it gives no info.

Reactions: memilanuk
Update. The reamer is PTG
Because ptg has only ever designed one reamer…

Just go by the saami trim length and you’ll be fine. It’s likely just a tighter diameter, akin to a small base die, to ensure no issues in an m1a.

Reactions: RTH1800
You won't be able to shoot the difference between whatever you come up with, and SAAMI trim-to length.
But....why trim brass when you don't need to ? Knowing one's chamber dimensions goes way beyond "shooting the difference" . One example is preventing a place for a carbon ring to form . Short brass gives it a great start .