• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes What is the current Army issue Sniper scope

threefeathers

Private
Minuteman
Sep 1, 2003
AZ
I'm too embarassed to run up on Post and ask.
blush.gif

Re: What is the current Army issue Sniper scope

LOL, LMGTFY is always good for a laugh!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found the info you're looking for here: http://tinyurl.com/y89xpfy

wink.gif
</div></div>

OMG ROFL COPTER!

Hahaha

OK,

That was funny,but to answer the question without LMGTFY and surfing 200 websites that don't answer the question:

M24's will have Leupold M3A 10X

M110s will have Leupold M2 3.5X10 in FDE

M107s will have Leupold M1 4.5x14

This is standard line units weapons,SF are all over the place as far as equipment because they buy what they want. TJR

I'm pretty sure all military units (especially the ones with 'elite' or 'tactical' in their names, or ones who are classified) use Countersniper scopes.

trobertson thanks. The info I needed, My problem is that when I surf the net I keep running into that dang commie site kindgirls.com and forget what I'm looking for. Basher, stay off this site, it is bad for you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: threefeathers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No beer for you Basher.
wink.gif
</div></div>

That's cool, 'cause I don't drink!
wink.gif
But I'll take a rootbeer when I get down there if you're buying, haha!

And stay off which site, the kindgirls.com or SH? If you mean SH, it's too late. I'm addicted, LOL.

Gad I can buy a Keg of Root Beer at the Comissary. Mas, however, drinks Rolling Rock.

I'm thinking the Super Sniper or the Barska is what we will have the funds for after paying health care.

A keg of rootbeer would be awesome, LOL. We could party "Mormon-style!"
laugh.gif

Anyway, back to your regular programming...

The M110 have been fielded for some time now, in fact more than a year, to the point some have been fielded and then removed because they suck ass, especially compared to the Mk 11, which is up to a new Mod now. I know one sniper cell kicked the majority of their M110s down to the squads because they found them unacceptable as a sniper rifle.

We are even seeing SCARs being fielded in place of the M110 and M24.

Was it reliability or accuracy that the M110 were so bad? Or was it both?