• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the diff between Larue and Noveske barrels

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
What is the difference between Larue Stealth AR15 barrels and Noveske barrels? There was a bit of a spat between Larue and Noveske, with Noveske thinking the Larue barrels were becoming too similar to his.

?

Re: What is the diff between Larue and Noveske barrels

I know the larue ones are non chrome lined and are polygonal rifled. I don't really know any details at all, other than if you buy either it will shoot really good and be one of the better ar uppers you can get your hands on.

CJG

Which barrel?

I used a Noveske SPR upper to shoot 5 rnds - .84 MOA at 822yds w/ 2 MILs of wind 3 weeks ago using 77grn handloads.

Never seen a LaRue.

Good luck

I have a Noveske with a 14.5" Stainless Barrel and it shoots like a dream. My buddy has a Larue and his shoot pretty good as well. I think you will be happy with either.

I thought Pac Nor made the blanks for Noveske?

Who makes them for Larue?

LW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Blackhawk95</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought Pac Nor made the blanks for Noveske?

Who makes them for Larue? </div></div>

I believe that John Noveske offers two types of barrels: stainless polygonal with a proprietary chamber (Pac-Nor blanks IIRC) and M249 Machine Gun barrel steel, with heavy M249 Chrome Lining and NATO chamber (for 5.56). The gas blocks are pinned, and the barrel extensions have extended feed ramps.

I believe that LaRue's barrels are Lothar-Walther polygonal with Wylde chamber (.223), set-screwed gas block, and standard rifle feed ramps in the extension.

Quality and customer service are excellent from both.