• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

What is the most popular model of rifle in Amerika

500grains

Private
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2008
dirt nap
What is the most popular model of rifle in America today, based on annual sales volume?

Yesterday on the gun talk radio show the host said it was the AR-15.

Re: What is the most popular model of rifle in Amerika

Let's assume the restriction of a brand name, basic model, and caliber (ie. not just an AR-15, but a Colt AR-15 in .223). If that's the case, I'd say:

Purchased in last 50 years
- Marlin 336 in .30/30 or Rem 700 in .30-06

Purchased in last 25 years
-Ruger 10/22 in .22lr

Semi Auto - AR15
Bolt Action - Remington 700

i just bought a 336C in .35 rem. and i hear its getting even more popular(even though its been around for a long time). but .30-30 is one of the hardest hitting deer rounds for a lever gun ever made.

Don't know about the most popular model of rifle, but the most popular and only way to spell AMERICA is the way I just spelled it.

The NEW way of spelling it is Amerika................time to wake up and smell the roses, er', shit.

I know its not the top but the savage 99 was dang popular for quite some time.

I have read that the rifle that had the most sales since its introduction was the Whinchester 94. The article also said that more dear had been taken by 30/30 over the years than any other cartridge.

According to Heller we should be allowed to own guns that are in popular use.

My two cents:
bolt- Win 70
lever- Win 94
semi- Colt Ar-15
Not Rifles but IMO most poular in thier class;
shotgun- Rem 870
pistol- 1911

Re: What is the most popular model of rifle in Ame

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The article also said that more dear had been taken by 30/30 over the years than any other cartridge. </div></div>

not sure if it's true but I've heard that quoted for many years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Learn how to spell....... </div></div>

Uhhh, it's an oblique reference to current happenings in our kapitol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Vikingwitharifle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you spell it in Mandarin script?

</div></div>

MadeinAmerica.jpg

Commercial Winchester 94 hands down
Military 1903 Springfield or 1917 U.S. Enfield

At this moment? I'd go with the AR-15 as well. Plenty of bolt rifles on the shelves at my local stores... they all say the same thing; the black rifles fly off the shelf as fast as they can put them up. Although, one of our local stores jacked the prices up so high, they've been able to hold stock for a couple of weeks now. Think $1900 for a Colt 6920

From what I have seen I would have to say the Winchester 30-30 lever. Seems once deer season rolls around millions come out of closets in PA. And every dutchman in the state owns at least 2 of them. Every time I see a buggy parked along some hunting spot you can hear the barrage of fire. Considering that the rednecks and dutchies all think the most important feature of a good deer rifle is a quick follow up shot, that really limits the number of bolt rifles out there. And I have one too, hasnt seen the range or field in years, but its there and isnt going anywhere.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mr. Humble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Military 1903 Springfield or 1917 U.S. Enfield </div></div>

You think so? I don't know, I think the Garand is right up there...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 500grains</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mackdrvr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Learn how to spell....... </div></div>

Uhhh, it's an oblique reference to current happenings in our kapitol.

</div></div>

It might be when the Bilderberg Group gets through.

I would say that, for consumer sales (sold in the U.S. to U.S. consumers), it probably reports as such:

Greatest overall sales, regardless of caliber, bolt action: Remington Model 700 Series
Greatest overall sales in a semi-automatic: Armalite (specifically) AR-15 .223
Greatest overall sales in lever action: Winchester Model 94 in .30-30
Greatest overall sales in shotgun: Remington model 870*

* The Remington 870 is undoubtedly one of the most popular, though Remington may not be able to claim the prize on this one. The Mossberg 500 has sold in almost as great a quantity in the last 10 years to rival the sales of the Rem 870, largely due to it's popularity with criminals and the home-defense crowd.

Ruger 10/22 over 4 million sold of last count which was 2003

I hope not a lot of 'dear' have been taken with a .30-30. It may very well be the most popular for deer.

Spelling is killing this thread.

Has anybody actually found any published stats or are we just guessing on numbers? For many years the .30-06 lead RCBS in reloading die sales. They release those numbers annually.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crash01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Think $1900 for a Colt 6920 </div></div>

They are asking $2500 around here! But we can still get Yankee Hill AR-15s, well-outfitted, for $1450.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brandon972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I have read that the rifle that had the most sales since its introduction was the Whinchester 94. The article also said that more dear had been taken by 30/30 over the years than any other cartridge. </div></div>

IDK, sounds sad people taking those "dear" to us with the old '94
grin.gif

IDK about which rifle, but I hate to say it.........the old turty odd six is known to be the most used caliber for the last hundred years based on reloading equipment sales and firearm sales. I hate to admit it since I'm a die hard 300 WM fan.

Pre-64's M94 30/30 and Win M70.

The most popular gun today by sales volume is the ar-15 by far. That's why certain bolt manufacturers are offering their re-badged ARs. Of course, in the new Amerika.....that's going to change. The new assault weapons ban is just around the corner. If you don't think so, you haven't been keeping up on current news....and yes Comrade, I am aware how Amerika is spelled, just like Kalifornia
smile.gif