• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors What is the quietest 9mm handgun suppressor you know of?

TexasEric

Private
Minuteman
Feb 18, 2017
Like the title says. I am looking for a suppressor for my 9mm M&P 1.0.
I was looking at the Ti-rant and Osprey 9mm

The Ti-rant has been a good can for a number of years. I recently purchased a Ti-rant 9m, i'm hoping it will be just as quiet as the old ones. The Osprey is a nice can, but i don't like the fact that you can't service it yourself.

here are a few more to look at;

Surefire Ryder 9m ti, 9ti
Elite Iron Black Reign
YHM Sidewinder
Liberty Centurion, mystic X
Gemtech GM-9
Coastal Guns Ultima 9

I'm sure i missed a few, but you can google too.

xdeano

The Ti-rant has been a good can for a number of years. I recently purchased a Ti-rant 9m, i'm hoping it will be just as quiet as the old ones. The Osprey is a nice can, but i don't like the fact that you can't service it yourself.

here are a few more to look at;

Surefire Ryder 9m ti, 9ti
Elite Iron Black Reign
YHM Sidewinder
Liberty Centurion, mystic X
Gemtech GM-9
Coastal Guns Ultima 9

I'm sure i missed a few, but you can google too.

xdeano

The Mystic X looks good. Although it has some 1st round pop, more so than with the osprey or ti-rant. The ultima 9 also sounds good, but I couldn't find db's on it.
That being said, the ti-rant and osprey 9 still are in the lead.

Any other suggestions?

I love my Rugged Obsidian 45! Nice and quite on my Glock 19. I worked up a 9mm subsonic load with N340 and Xtreme 165's. Stupid quite, super accurate and they hit hard. 930fps. Here's a review from Modern Rifleman. At that time it was the quietest pistol suppressor to date. There warranty is amazing and their customer service has always been very helpful. I have all 3 Rugged suppressors and Im very happy. I never thought I would care about it being modular but I actually shoot mine in the K (Shorter) config more often because it balances the pistol better.

https://modernrifleman.net/2016/06/2...ian-45-review/

Last edited:
Quietest suppressor is like asking the "Best pair of skivvies" Each has their own preference, each accomplish the persons needs and desires and people will rarely agree on what is the best or in your case, the quietest.

Usually you are dealing with 1-3 dB difference, which is negligible when you compare the dB level difference in the actions of the host guns or the type of ammo you are using. There is more difference in the ability to service, length, weight, price and customer service of the maker than there is dB levels.

A pair of silk thongs may suit one, where JC Penny boxers another.

I suggest you list your "mission" needs and do a comparison of all of the cans in your price range and I bet you will find dB reduction will only be a small part of the equation.

I love my Rugged Obsidian 45! Nice and quite on my Glock 19. I worked up a 9mm subsonic load with N340 and Xtreme 165's. Stupid quite, super accurate and they hit hard. 930fps. Here's a review from Modern Rifleman. At that time it was the quietest pistol suppressor to date. There warranty is amazing and their customer service has always been very helpful. I have all 3 Rugged suppressors and Im very happy. I never thought I would care about it being modular but I actually shoot mine in the K (Shorter) config more often because it balances the pistol better.

https://modernrifleman.net/2016/06/2...ian-45-review/

Thanks for the info, I am checking out their site and YouTube reviews. I can't wait to get enough space to reload!

Quietest suppressor is like asking the "Best pair of skivvies" Each has their own preference, each accomplish the persons needs and desires and people will rarely agree on what is the best or in your case, the quietest.

Usually you are dealing with 1-3 dB difference, which is negligible when you compare the dB level difference in the actions of the host guns or the type of ammo you are using. There is more difference in the ability to service, length, weight, price and customer service of the maker than there is dB levels.

A pair of silk thongs may suit one, where JC Penny boxers another.

I suggest you list your "mission" needs and do a comparison of all of the cans in your price range and I bet you will find dB reduction will only be a small part of the equation.

Sadly, I know you are right about this. I am using this to gain a baseline of good suppressors and then culling the contenders based off much of the criteria you just stated. Have more data generally doesn't hurt.

I'd suggest getting a good 45 caliber suppressor if you even think that you may change calibers 1 day. The sound difference is negligible with supers, and nonexistent with subs.

I'd suggest getting a good 45 caliber suppressor if you even think that you may change calibers 1 day. The sound difference is negligible with supers, and nonexistent with subs.

There is much wisdom in this statement. I have gone this route with my rifles and will say that for pistol it may be the way to go too.

If the question is 'Only wanting quietest' .
In this day and age, is running an artificial environment 'wet Can' out of the question ?

Not super interested in running wet cans. Especially if they aren't user serviceable. That will won't factor into purchasing criteria.

Now getting a can that I can swap end caps on, to make it work on 45 and 9mm. That has my interest, although I have no intent to switch calibers. No one knows the future.